"Oh I must have spaced out a bit I'm sorry why did you call??" She asked. "Something bothering you princess??" He asked as he tried his best for her to spill out. But it failed utterly. "Nope I'm fine" she said smiling widely. Lies. He knew she won't tell him now. He decided to tease it out of her tonight.
__________________________________

Everyone went to bed early taking as much as rest they can. There were the leaders who stayed up all night looking for god know how many plan A and B's. Cause they couldn't risk losing this chance. And for that they had to be well prepared on the ways the mission could fail and try not to cause those mistakes.

Haechan excused himself out of the room. Looking at the clock and praying she would still be awake. He saw clear worry in her eyes the time she spaced out. They weren't the worry for them but a different kind he wanted to know what it was.

He rushed towards her room to see the lights still on. He immediately perked his head into her room. Seeing her on her bed again spaced out. "Princess??" He called out once but she didn't move a muscle.

He knew she was thinking the same thing she was thinking back then. Her eyes were the same. Eyes filled with guilt and worry.

He went towards her and sat in front of her. Not even noticing his presence. "Princess" he said once again shaking her a bit this time. Finally getting out of the daze her eyes shifted to his.

"What's bothering you ?? You have been spacing out quite a lot" he said his voice filled worry.

"Nothing I just...- I guess I tend to think a lot that's all" she said plastering a smile on her face. "Nope your lying tell me whats going on." He said his voice becoming stern. "Really it's nothing don't worry about me go and worry about the mission." She said trying her best not to let it out.

"Nope a few minutes of my absence there won't hurt. Your my priority now tell me what's wrong" he voice becoming more demanding.

She had no other choice. "It just- ik its stupid but my mind keeps thinking all these what if's" she said looking down at her fiddling fingers. "What what if's" haechan said moving a bit more closer keeping an reassuring 'its alright you can tell me' hand on her.

"That I'm a burden to you people- ik you people won't think so but that fact won't stop my mind from thinking such stuffs. It's tough I feel left out... like an extra. Every time you save me from something I feel useless that I'm of no use. I feel- haaa...I don't know why I think such stuffs but whenever I try to avoid such thoughts they just don't stop" she said as a tear fell down her cheeks.

She didn't know why she was being emotional right now.

"Hey it's alright I understand how you feel" he said as he brought her into a hug. "No you don't you don't know how it feels to be left out" she said letting out more painful sobs gripping onto his shirt fabric tighter.

She was right he didn't know how it felt. Even though he was not in good terms with his father. He always had a company never feeling left out. unlike her who was alone everytime she needed someone to be there for her.All her lonely nights where she just stayed at the roof letting out hushed sobs. Feeling lonely in this big world.

He couldn't say anything. Though he could understand her pain he wasn't able to comfort her in any way possible and made him irritated.

He wanted to hold her tightly and tell her that he was there for her. Protect her. But he couldn't he just couldn't.

He just stayed there in silent letting her burst all her thoughts. Caressing her hair in order to calm her down. She mumbled out her deep thoughts to him. Though they were mumbled he heard them clearly not leaving a single word.

He wanted to protect her from this harmful world. Tell her everything is alright I got you. Hold her as if there is no tomorrow. Call her his.
He really wanted to do all of this but what stopped him??
Why was he scared??
What backed him??

 He really wanted to do all of this but what stopped him?? Why was he scared?? What backed him??