Chapter IV: Gilbert

Start from the beginning

-

I ended up using his ID to find his home. It took some talking to the locals to find it. Thankfully no one questioned why I was looking for it. It was huge. I have never seen a house this large. Walking up to the front door, I pulled out the keys, looking at them before attempting one. I was attempting the third key when the door was yanked open. A boy stood there looking at me confused.

"Who are you?" He asked, scanning over the cuts and dirt on me before looking at the keys in my hand

"Uh- I'm Echo. Ty-Tyler said I could stay at his home before he left town." I told him, coming up with the lie on the spot. The guy looked like he was having issues believing me.

"I've never met you before. Are you family?"

"Yeah, on his uh mom's side." I said quickly. He nodded, opening the door further for me and stepping to the side. I stepped in, glancing behind me before watching him close the door.

"Oh- Okay. I'm Jeremy Gilbert. Tyler's friend and roommate." He introduced, holding his hand out before pulling it back when he noticed how cut up my hands were. "So why are you all cut up? Are you some underground fighter?" He joked, running his hand through his short brown hair. I smiled at him.

"No, I am actually extremely clumsy." I told him with a laugh. "You wouldn't happen to know where a needle and thread would be, would you? Maybe even a first aid kit?" He nodded, guiding me into a room that looked like a study or something.

"What are you planning to do? Stitch yourself up? Why not just go see a doctor?" He asked, pulling out a first aid kit which had a sewing kit in it.

"I was taught to just do it myself. A lot easier than seeing a doctor every time." I told him, looking at the contents. Jeremy ended up grabbing the clear liquid and some cotton balls.

"I'll help you then- Might make it easier." He said with a smile. Opening the container and pouring some into the cap before dipping the cotton ball into it. He started to dab it onto my cheek. Probably the cut from the brunette punching me. The liquid burned slightly, but it didn't hurt as stared at the boy. He seemed to be a teenager, or maybe right out of being in the teen years. He was cute. But something about him was weird. He was human, but it was weird. "You look like you were punched." He said, his brown eyes watching me for a reaction, but I kept stoic.

"I fell on a rock- like I said. Clumsy." I said with a slight chuckle. He stared at me, before nodding. He helped me clean up the wounds before cover them with small bandages.

"You should be fine to shower, just try not to get the bandaids too wet. I'll see if I can find some female clothes for you. Hayley was staying here for a bit." Jeremy told me. I smiled and nodded, standing up as he guided me up the stairs and to the bathroom. "I'll put the clothes in here when I get them. Take your time."

He closed the door and I stripped down and got into the shower, turning it on and letting the ice cold water hit my skin. A sigh leaving my lips at the feeling of the dirt washing off of me. I was washing my hair when Jeremy poked in, leaving some clothes for me.

I was in the shower still when I heard the front door downstairs opening and closing. Growling coming from someone and three new voices speaking back and forth with Jeremy. I left the shower on as I got out and dried off quickly- dressing in the clothes he had left for me before opening the window in the bathroom.

This was my cue to bail

This was my cue to bail. As I was half way out the window, a man bust the door down. Yellow eyes staring at me as I waved and dived out of the window. Rolling in a somersault as I land. I wasn't strong enough to take on three vampires and my theory was the one who had came into the bathroom was the hybrids sire.

 I wasn't strong enough to take on three vampires and my theory was the one who had came into the bathroom was the hybrids sire