Chapter II: And so it Begins

Gasping. The air was limited. Where was I? Darkness. I was laying down. Above me was wood. The panic setting in as the air was harder to grasp. My chest feeling tight as I raise my hands to start hitting at the wood, punching and trying to break it open. Dirt coming through the gaps that I was creating. Blurring my vision. Tears in my eyes as I felt my knuckles ripping. Burning.

Finally my hand breaks through the dirt, pulling myself out of the ground as I looked around

Finally my hand breaks through the dirt, pulling myself out of the ground as I looked around. Blurry vision making it hard to see, especially with the sun shining down on me. Gasping as the air flows into my lungs, filling them up quickly. I stood up, looking around. Things were weird. Tombstones and Crypts scattered around me.

I was in a cemetery. I had died. My vision started to clear as I turned around. My tombstone laid where I had just ripped myself from the ground.

Echo Kainda
Daughter. Fighter. Potential.
May you become the Chosen.

The typical writing for the women who trained back then. No dates. Just the blessing to be chosen.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" I turned to the sound of the voice to find a girl, blonde hair-blue eyes.

I blinked a few times to focus on her, trying to walk forward only to stumble. The blonde moved quickly to catch me, making sure I didn't hit my head from falling. I jerked away from her, standing tall.

 I jerked away from her, standing tall

"Vampire." I breathed. The blonde looked at me shocked before grabbing my head, trying to force eye contact. I threw my head forward, colliding it with hers and making her let me go.

"What the fu-" She tried before I jumped up and threw a high kick towards her, slamming it into her chest and causing her to fall back a few feet. "What the hell are you!?" She snapped, standing up to charge at me. Before she could grab me, I ducked to the side, throwing my hand out to smack into the side of her head. Disorienting her slightly, I looked around, grabbing an old stick that must have broken a while ago, charging towards her to stake her.

Knocking her down onto her back as she growled at me. She grabbed it, holding it up from going to her chest. My legs straddling her as I try to push my weight into the stake. But just waking up was proving to make it hard. Both her hands holding the stake from her chest.

"What is your problem!?" She growled out, the stake piercing through the first layer of her skin. The blonde hissing at me as she used her strength to throw me off of her. When I stood up, she was gone.

She seemed shocked by my strength. Was the last slayer not well known?

-

3rd POV-

Caroline rushed into the Salvatore boarding house, panting. Stefan and Damon both looked up from their other intruder to look at the blonde young vampire.

"What happened, Caroline?" Stefan asked, walking over to her and pulling a leaf from her hair. Caroline let out a huff.

"We have a new person in town. She's super strong- I don't understand it." She tried to explain. Confused by her own words. "She was human. I could hear her heartbeat." She snapped her gaze up to see Elijah and Klaus walk out of the parlor and glancing at the young disheveled vampire.

"A strong human? And she got the best of you?" Klaus questioned, flashing to stand in front of her. Concern in his eyes that disappeared as he blinked.

"It was like a total Buffy moment." Caroline pouted. Damon's eyebrows knitted in confusion, obviously knowing of the tv show she was talking about.

"Buffy moment?" Elijah questioned, obviously intrigued by the story behind a scared vampire.

"You know- Buffy the Vampire slayer?" She tried. Elijah's eyes widened hearing the one word he hadn't heard in many years.

"Isn't that a tv show about some mediocre vampires?" Klaus asked. Damon nodded.

"Why didn't you just use your vampy speed?" Damon asked, staring at the girl. Caroline shook her head.

"I did- it was like I was going in slow motion to her. I've never seen a human who had that kind of strength." She explained. Elijah shook his head.

"It can't be. It was only a rumor." He tried, thinking through what had happened over the years. There hadn't been a potential in so long, let alone a rumor of a slayer.

"Rumor?" Stefan asked.

"What is it brother?" Klaus asked at the same time. Elijah looked up.

"Back in the 1500's, women were trained to fight the supernatural. They were called Potentials." He explained.

"Potentials?" Klaus questioned, knitting his eyebrows at the word. It had sounded familiar.

"Yes. Men would train their daughters to protect the village in hopes of having them becoming the chosen one. Also known as the Slayer. I met a potential a very long time ago. After I ended her life, I looked into finding out more about this rumor. I've never heard of someone actually being chosen though." Elijah explained, thinking about the young girl that he had killed. He hated how he was back then. She didn't deserve to die, but he was more ruthless back then. "Where did you find her?" He asked, looking up at Caroline.

"The cemetery. I was just placing flowers down for my mom's grave and she was there. Really dirty too." Elijah let out a breath.

"So it's true then. A slayer has been chosen."