C19: Keep Everything Inside

"Didn't say a word, everyone assumed you're fine
But it hurts sometimes
Keeping everything, everything inside."

Artist: Sophie Pecora
Song: Keep Everything Inside

Lalisa

I didn't get proper sleep. I'm awake the whole night because of a certain someone who keeps bugging my mind.

It's already noon and I'm glad that it's Saturday. I don't have classes.

"Let me sleep, please." I whispered and pleaded in the air while staring at the ceiling.

I was about to drift off to sleep when someone knocked on my door, causing me to grumble.

"Noona, we have to go somewhere. We need to meet Uncle and Auntie. Mom and Dad had expected us to go, especially since they had allowed us to study at their school." I heard what Haruto said behind the door.

"Give me 20 minutes." I stood up from my bed and went into my bathroom.

I did my morning routine and wore a casual but presentable and neat outfit.

Before I went downstairs, I grabbed my wallet and phone.

Haruto and I rode in his car. He drove us to the restaurant where we were supposed to meet our parents' close friend.

Our parents can't meet them, so they asked us to meet them instead. I think Uncle and Auntie had a gift for our parents since they just arrived from New York.

We arrive at the restaurant, it's so fancy and our outfit doesn't suit the place.

However, I don't care, especially when we can afford to eat in this restaurant and we don't look broke or something.

As we went inside the restaurant, I saw someone familiar. It's Jisoo, and she looks like she's having lunch with her family. Not only hers, but also with her fiancee, Haein.

Jisoo looks different today. She is wearing a dress and make-up. It's not just her.

"Noona, this way." Haruto tugged at my flannel and I followed him.

We took a seat at our table and waited for Uncle and Auntie. I secretly stare at Jisoo. She is not interacting with her family very much and she is just playing with her food.

Her favorite food is chicken, and I know that she has an allergy to shrimp (let's pretend she has an allergy to shrimp.) However, the food served in front of her is buttered shrimp.

It's hard to be the daughter of a couple who only care about fortune, power, and reputation. They don't care about her happiness or her life.

"Jisoo, why are you not eating your food?" I heard a woman in her forties ask, and I believe it's her mother.

"You didn't like the food I ordered for you?" Haein asked her, and I saw how Jisoo's mom nudged her.

"Not really, I'm just too engrossed in listening that it made me forget to eat." Jisoo smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes.

She is lying. She has been doing that for her whole life.

She keeps everything inside her. She's hurting and lonely, but she still chooses to wear a mask that will hide what she truly feels.