ALEXANDIO'S POV

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"
-Thoreau-

When I tell her about the attack she laughs, “it’s funny no matter how much I look at it. Did they think you’d fall for it? I mean really.”
“Probably. It’s suspicious though. Their plan was too simple.” When I remember how Fabio spoke about her I grit my teeth in annoyance.
“What’s wrong?” Ariane’s hand brushes through my hair and I exhale, feeling some of the tension leave me.
“Some vampires are looking for you Tesoro, with what happened yesterday, even some of your brethren might be doing the same. I don’t want to lose you. I just found you.” I hug her to me and I inhale her beautiful scent. She is silent for some time before she responds, “But you’ll keep me safe right? I know you will”
I let go of her and make her look at me, smiling sadly at her I gave her a light peck on the lips, “That’s right. I’ll keep you safe. It would make my job easier if you let me mark you though. But you just started opening up to me so I won’t push my luck.”
“Why is it so hard for you to accept me?”
She shrugs and looks at her lap, “I guess its just that I find it unusual and I don’t trust you enough. No offense but our kinds haven’t been on the best terms. As I grew up, I was taught how horrible vampires were.” She paused a little before going on, “when I was eight, I was in my wolf form and had wondered too far and ended up in vamp territory. I didn’t know at the time but then i met a child who was my age, he said his name was Carlos and we played together. He was sweet and polite and so later when I found out that he was a vampire, I started to think that maybe vampires were not so bad. So I snuck away from home every day to play with him. One day, Carlos didn’t show up. I waited for him till it started to get dark. But then, a man showed up and I started shaking all of a sudden. He sneered at me and gripped my hand, ‘well well well it’s a tiny mutt. What are you doing in our territory? I guess you’re the reason my son comes back home smelling like a wet dog every day. He thought I wouldn’t find out. Now I just have to get rid of you.’I was so scared that day. I was lucky one of my Dad’s guards was instructed to keep an eye on me. Apparently, my Father had noticed I was sneaking out often. Stevan saved me and took me back home. My dad was so furious, he sent me off to boarding school as punishment. I think I’m scared to trust a vampire again. Much less the king.”
“Alright I understand where you’re coming from. I cannot promise that I will never hurt you. I might do so but unintentionally. But I can promise to protect you. I will earn your trust. No matter what. Just promise me you will tell me when I do hurt you and to never hide your feelings from me. You might hate me but sei la cosa piu bella che mi sia mai capitata. I’m not giving up on you”
She smiles at me shyly, “your Italian is beautiful you know. I can’t understand it that well but I love the way you accent comes out. And… I don’t hate you. I don’t dislike you either. I might like you. Well a little bit.”
I laugh and hug her to me, “That’s the first compliment you’ve given me. You’re not going to make this easy for me are you?”
“Nope” she giggles and snuggles into my embrace. Cute, “We will be leaving for Pennsylvania in the morning make sure you get enough rest.”
“ok” she slept silently beside me and suddenly the thought of her leaving or being taken away makes me panic, Ariane pokes my torso, startling me,“ I’m right here. Stop worrying and go to sleep.”
I chuckle and kissed her forehead, “Yes ma’am”. 
*********************
   I turn to Gregorio and Sven after we get to the airport, “Take her home, make sure the press doesn’t take any pictures of her. I turn to Ariane and smile at her sleeping form. She had been complaining about waking her up early in the morning for the flight, so I let her rest during the flight.
Ariane moans as she wakes up blinking up at me sleepily, “well good morning sunshine.” I chuckle as she pushes me slightly before rubbing her eyes, “Shut up. I know I’m a mess.” Her beautiful red hair is pulled up into a messy bun and she’s wearing a hoodie and jeans with some slippers on her feet. She looks cute, “I don’t know what you’re talking about cara you’re as beautiful as ever. Its taking me all of my will power not to mate right now.” Ariane blushes, “Oh my God I can’t believe you just said that you’re embarrassing me.”
I chuckle and cock my head, “Why? The only people here are Arturo, Gregorio, Tristan and Sven.”
“I don’t care they are still people.”
“ok fine I’ll stop. I didn’t take you for the shy type. Besides they probably know we mate. You’re not exactly quiet.”
Sven and Tristan snicker, Gregorio grunts and Arturo clears his throat as he blushes.
“you’re horrible.” She hides her face with her hands and I chuckle. She’s so adorable, “I’m sorry. We’ve arrived though. I need to take care of something. Gregorio and Sven will take you to the mansion and keep you safe. I’ll come and see you soon.”
She nods her head in understanding, “Alright. Be careful.” I smile at her and kiss her cheek before standing up, “I will don’t worry. You should try calling you clan. They must be worried. I’ve also arranged for someone to give you some lessons in Italian”
She smiles broadly at me, “Alright. Thanks.”
I get off the plane, happy that our relationship looks promising at the moment.