Chapter 23

"Drop the gun, Tae"

Taehyung could see from the corner of his eyes four men approaching them and with his calculation it will be easy to get away from here if they really don't intend to shoot at him, he hoped.

"Tae, please trust me and drop the gun" Taehyung snot at the audacity.

"You know you will have to shoot it out of my hand Hobi"

Taehyung swifty turned around and shot the two men right behind him straight in-between the eyes and jumped over his car to the other side to shield himself and as suspected they were not really shooting at him more like shooting in front or behind him to slow him down. He saw an opening but two men was blocking the way. Taehyung shot the two men as he dashed for the opening hoping no bullet mistakenly touches him but stop when he heard the next statement.

"Move any further and I will put a bullet in his head"

Taehyung turned around to see bogum pointing a gun at hoseok's head. He stared at him with a blank face, is he really going to shoot his man just to get him. Taehyung was about to turn and run for it when he heard the shot that almost stopped his heart and he quickly turned around to see that hoseok has been shot in the right arm.

"Don't test me Kim Taehyung, the next bullet will go straight into his brain".

Taehyung turned his gaze to his best friend to see how hoseok was bitting back a cry of pain as he stared back at him. He could read the look on hoseok's face asking him to run away causing Taehyung to roll his eyes at the betrayal trying to be a hero all of a sudden.

"Let him go, you can have me" Taehyung said dropping his gun.

Bogum smiled at that and asked some men to get taehyung into a car while asking hoseok to get himself treated.

.
.
.
.
.

It's been two hours since Taehyung left the penthouse and Jungkook staring at his phone waiting for a call or text indicating that the older had gotten to the office safely.

"It's been two hours hyung, he hasn't called yet" Jungkook said absentmindedly

"He is fine, maybe still talking to his father or something" Jimin responded still scrolling through the tv channels looking for something to watch.

Jungkook was not convinced, it took about an hour thirty minutes to get to the company and Taehyung would have beeped him immediately to let him know he got there safely seeing how scared he was before the older left.

He picked up his phone to call the office to confirm if Taehyung had arrived. The phone rang and he waited patiently.

"Good day, you have reached Mr Kim's office. How can I be of ..."

"Hey Rose, it's me Jungkook" He cut the professional voice that came through the other side of the phone.

"Oh. Good morning Mr Kim, how can I be of help?"

"I wanted to confirm if Taehyung arrive the company already"

"He isn't in his office yet, please hold on let me confirm from the front desk"

Jungkook thanked her as he was put on hold, he couldn't help but cross his fingers mentally praying this feelings are wrong. The beep coming from the phone wasn't helping with his anxiety.

To be truthful, Jungkook already knows what he was going to hear from rose when she connects them back because if Taehyung really arrived in the company, she would be the first to be notified.

"Apologies for the delay sir, Mr Kim had not come into the today. Do you want me.."

"Oh my God!" Jungkook panicked as he dropped the phone catching Jimin full attention from the TV.

"Kook? Are you okay? What's wrong!" Jimin asked

Jungkook was not hearing the older's word atall, he picked up the phone again abd quickly dailed Taehyung's number as he paced to and fro the sitting room.

"No, no, no, please pick up!" he chanted as the phone kept ring but no one picks up. Jimin held him and shakes him out of his daze.

"Speak to me Kook, what's going on" the older asked the panicking Jungkook.

"Hyung, he isn't picking up. He didn't reach the office yet"

Before Jimin could respond Jungkook had already dashed into their bedroom only to come out dressed with two load guns tucked into his belt running for the door but was luckily blocked by Jimin who was on a call to Yoongi.

Yoongi had told him to make sure Jungkook doesn't leave the house. He blocks the youngers way from the door earning him a death glare

"Move out of the way hyung!"

"You need to calm down first, I won't have you running out like this" Jimin firmly said holding his ground at the door.

"Hyung, he might be in trouble" Jungkook tried to plead with the older. Jimin knows this but allowing Jungkook run off possibly into danger won't be what Taehyung want

"I have called Yoongi hyung, he is looking into it. Let just wait patiently okay?"

"I am not fucking waiting here when it might be too late! Move out of my way hyung before I will have to use force"

"I am sorry but your safety comes first for me" Jimin said pulling out his gun to threaten the younger not to move, Jungkook stared at the gun his best friend pulled out at him. He was sure Jimin did not mean any harm and the older might even be working at Taehyung's instructions. The thought of Taehyung go through this much measures to be sure he stays save only got him more mad. What does he have to feel safe about if he loses him pabo!

He looked at Jimin and gave him a sad smile, tears already welling up in his eyes.

"I c-cant afford to loss him hyung" Jungkook cried out causing Jimin to immediately run up to comfort him but was surprised when Jungkook grabbed his armed hand and flipped him, Jimin landed on floor with his back and groaned but quickly looked up when he heard the door open and shut.

Jungkook has ran out.

____________________

Merry Xmas in advance peeps!

You guys should check out my other book "My Muse"

~taekook_mama~

1058 words