Chapter 7

The noise of my alarm clock blaring in my room interrupts my precious sleep. As I slowly begin to open my eyes, I see two big bright blue eyes right in front of me and I let out a loud scream. Dylan, sitting on top of me, lets out a cute set of giggles from my reaction.

I sit up with him still on me. "Dylan, you scared me you little monster. What do you want?"

"Mommy said wake up for school!" With that, he jumps off my bed and runs out of my room.

I lay back down and close my eyes peacefully. Ahh, nice and relaxing sleep. I jolt back up. Today's school! I completely forgot! I don't want to go back to school! Ugh, I get up and go to my closet. I grab a white top that has dark purple sleeves and blue denim shorts. Just a casual outfit, I don't really like go all out for school.
I let the warmth of the water engulf me. Memories of my family are stuck on my mind. My eyes fill with tears and begin to stream down my face with the water. I don't believe that my family is gone. I have spent my entire life with them and one day has changed that. I can't believe I'm never going to see them again. I can never speak to them, ask for help, give them kisses on the cheek, tell my brother to stop leaving his toys everywhere. I would rather have his toys all over the place rather than not having him in my life at all. I miss them so much. My heart is aching for them. How am I supposed to just go on with my life if what meant the most to me is gone? The shower continues to wash away my tears as I think about my life without my family. Once my eyes are completely incapable of making anymore tears, I stay in the shower for a few more minutes then begin to get ready. I straighten my hair and apply a bit of make up. Once I'm happy with what I look like, I head down stairs. The Dylan's ms Danny running around the dining room table.

"Hey Vik, you nervous?" Caleb questions.

"Not really. It's just school, I would rather have summer break to be longer instead of starting school though.I've never been inside of the school and know no one. It's just going to be the best day ever." I say sarcastically and then begin to eat these delicious french toast sticks. Woah, are they made from heaven or something? Who ever made these has a hand of a goddess.

"Earth to Vickie." Caleb starts to wave his hands from across the table to get my attention.

"Huh, oh sorry. These french toast sticks are awesome."

An older woman walks into the dining room carrying more french toast sticks and some syrup.

"Thank you sweetie, you must be Victoria. My name is Ronda and I'm glad that your enjoying my food. Dylan and Danny! Sit down and finish your food." With that, they take their seats and continue with their breakfast.

"You have amazing talent. I've never tasted so much flavor in French toast sticks. You are making this horrid day into something much better." I continue to eat while Ronda smiles and thanks me as she walks back into the kitchen.

Carson and Cameron walk into the dining room looking all cleaned up and nice.

"You guys ready to leave?" Carson asks while swinging his keys around his finger. Wait, he's taking us? Doesn't he have go to college?

"Wouldn't it be easier if you went in your own car to go to college instead of waisting time in taking us and we go in our own car?" The boys then smile at what I just said. Cameron decides to speak to help my confusion.

"Carson is still in high school. You, him, and I are all seniors. Carson and I are Irish twins, meaning that there is less than a year in between our ages. He just turned 18 while I'll be turning 18 in the begin of next summer." I just reply with a simple "Oh." That makes more sense. "What grade are you in Caleb?" I ask turning towards Caleb.

"I'm a sophomore now, so if your looking for a guy, who knows how to have a good time, who ain't so shy, he's right in front of your eye." He finishes his random rap and gives me a little smirk then winks.

I let out a laugh. "Your so cute." His eyes go wide at what I just said.

"I'm not supposed to be cute." he says in grumpy tone under his breath that makes us all laugh.

"Come on. I'll be in the car if any of you guys decide to get to school on time." Carson turns around and heads to the front door.

"Shot gun!" I scream as I run after Carson. We reach the car and open the passenger seat, lock the door after me, and put my seatbelt on so no one can move me.

When everyone gets into the car and we start to drive, I play the radio. Do it again by Pia Mia starts to play. "Yes! I love this song!" I scream.

While Chris brown is saying his part, Cameron reaches his hand from the back and tries to change the radio. I slap his arm away. "What do you think your doing Cameron. My song is on and it's going to stay on." I laugh when he gives me a playful pout. I then start to sing along with Pia Mia, Chris Brown and Tyga.

"It was nice to nice to know ya lets do it again! How we did it on a one night stand! Boy I wanna be more than a friend! To ya!
Nice to nice to know ya lets do it again! How we did it on a one night stand! Boy I wanna be more than a friend! To ya! Let's do it again.
Hey baby! Are you sure that you want it? All caught up in the moment. Let me know now. Oh baby. Got a little crazy on the first night. So Imma have to do you better!"

As I continue to sing along to Pia Mia and Chris Brown, I start to see the school come into view. We reach the school and Carson parks the car. I step out the car and shut my door. I look around and I see people staring at us. Cameron then steps up next to me.

"Come on, I'll take you to the office to get your schedule." We step into the school and start to walk to the office. Ugh, first day of senior year. I never thought I would be spending it in California with people I don't even know.