Chapter 1

Beckett pov...
We just got back from an amazing time in the Hamptons but we have to go back to work today. Nobody can find out about mine and Castles relationship as we wouldn't be able to work together anymore.

We get to the precinct and Ryan and Esposito welcome us back as we had a week off. "Where did each of you go" they asked. I was glad they didn't know we were together, before I had the chance to answer Gates called out "Beckett and Mr Castle my office now".

I wonder what she wants. "Welcome back detective and Mr Castle, it's good to see you back at work but we have a problem" she told us. Crap does she know "what is it sir?" I asked. "You have your renewal coming up soon detective so you have to repeat the physical and mental exams" she told me.
"Ok that's fine" I responded. "Sir why do I need to be in here?" Castle asked. "Mr Castle the mayor has asked for you to be trained as a detective for this unit rather that you observing and helping out, you would become an official NYPD detective" she answered.

"Mr Castle you may just take part in the same tests as detective Beckett and if you pass you will become a detective immediately as you have have had enough training over the last few years, the tests will be tomorrow please be ready at 7:30am sharp" Gates told us.

"Yes sir" both me and Castle responded at the same time.

"You may go back to work now" Gates told us.

We left the office and went back to my desks. The boys were waiting and asked us "what did Gates want", I told them "oh nothing really" to see what they would do but they just went back to their desks.

Home time
"Castle come over to my place once you leave" I told him quietly. He smiled and walked towards the elevator.