I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine, Ares"

"Vincent, can you leave us alone for a bit?" He asked. I knew I was in trouble right then and there.

Vincent gulped and nodded as he stood up and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?" He yelled.

"Damn, I just woke up and this is how you treat me?"

"It's not a fucking joke why did you do that? That was a suicide mission" He said.

"I-I didn't know you would follow me, I just wanted to be useful and-"

"And look where that got you"

I stayed silent feeling guilty.

"If it wasn't for Tessa I would've lost you, both of you" He said his voice slightly shaky which took me by surprise and caused me to look up at his teary eyes, "What would I do if-" He cut himself off and tried to calm himself down by covering his face with his hand and shutting his eyes.

It was the first time I'd ever seen him so upset, so worked up. He was always calm. Always worried about everything, but somehow able to keep it together.

And now he was breaking down right in front of me.

"I don't know what was going through your fucking mind when you decided to go there all alone, but if you ever pull a stunt like this again I will lock you up until you get in your senses" He said harshly.

"I know you wouldn't do it" I said.

"You don't know the lengths I'd go to to keep the ones I love safe" He said shutting me up, "I'm getting the doctor to check up on you. Don't you dare move" He said giving me one last look before walking out.

If Ares got emotional over this I can't even imagine what Nate's reaction will be like.

_________

"You'll probably be ready to be released in a few days" The doctor told me, "Get some rest and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it" He said with a smile and left after I nodded.

"That's good" Vincent breathed out.

"Can I see Nate and Tessa now?" I asked.

"I said no" Ares said throwing me a glare.

"Who's watching over Tessa?" I asked.

"Serenity" He said looking down.

I was so happy that they were together after everything that had happened. Ares didn't even have time to rest and be happy about it after everything. I put him in a bad place again.

I always hurt the ones I love.

"What about her family? Someone has to let them know she's okay" I said.

Her sisters must miss her a lot.

"Serenity told her dad she's sleeping over at our house for a few days. She told him Tessa fell asleep too early so she had to call him to let him know"

"Thank you" I said.

"Thank me by not doing dumb shit anymore" He said.

He's going to rub it in my face forever isn't he?

"Ares!" I heard a female voice.

We turned to see Serenity standing by the door. She smile and waved at me and I nodded, but I was worried about Tessa.

Serenity is supposed to be watching over her. Why is she here?

"Tessa is awake" She said with an excited smile, her words making my heart race.