"No, I want to stay with her" I said.

"This is for her own good. You'll be with her in the car don't worry"

I sighed and let him do it.

I wish I could carry her.

One of our men helped me stand up and helped me walk and I glared at him, "Couldn't have made it here sooner?" I asked.

He gulped, "I'm sorry, sir" He said.

They'll all be if she doesn't make it.

No, she will make it.

I got in the back of the car and Vincent put her next to me. She was still conscious, but she looked like she was slipping in and out of consciousness.

"Come here Tessie" I said softly and wrapped my arms around her, careful not to hurt her.

Now that I was somewhat calm, I was starting to get dizzy too, from all the injuries.

"I missed you" I whispered and kissed the side of her face, "I thought I'd lost you forever"

I felt my eyelids getting heavy. As much as I tried I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and eventually I gave up.

_________

I peeled my eyes open, getting blinded by the bright light.

Where am I?

I looked around and saw Vincent sleeping on a chair next to the bed I was in.

We're in a hospital.

Tessa. I need to know if Tessa's safe.

"Vincent" I tried to say but my throat was really dry, however it was enough to wake him up.

He jolted awake and looked at me in surprise, "You're awake" He said standing up and giving me a glass of water.

"Where's Tessa?" I asked immediately.

"She's okay, don't worry" He said.

I let out a sigh of relief, "How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Just a few hours. Maybe like eight hours" He said.

"How is Nate?" I asked feeling worried.

"He's okay, he's resting"

Thank God.

"Is Tessa awake?" I asked hesitantly, afraid of the answer.

He looked around and rubbed his his arm awkwardly, "No" He said hesitantly.

"She's going to be okay, right?"

"Yes, the doctor said her body just needs a little time to rest. She'll probably be up by tomorrow or even sooner"

I let out another sigh of relief. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew something happened to her.

"Have you been here this whole time?"I asked. He looked really tired and he hadn't even changed his clothes yet.

He smiled subtly, "Yeah, I didn't want to leave you alone. Ares was here too but he left to talk to Nate"

I cleared my throat, "Thank you for watching over me" I said feeling moved by his action, but not wanting to show it.

He chuckled, "It's nothing"

"I should go see Nate and Tessa-"

"You are not going to move your ass until I say you can" I heard a voice next to us.