~t h i r t y

"You're an asshole, a gold digger and a bitch!" Delphi shouted as she threw Alexis' bags at Alexis as she tumbled to the ground.

"Delphine Bethany Carrington! I'm still your mother!" Alexis shouted as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and managed to stand up.

"You don't deserve to have that title!" Delphi threw another bag at her mother and slammed the door shut.

"Was that Mom outside?" Steven asked as he looked out the window and saw Alexis jam her stuff into her ugly trailer.

"Yeah. I kicked her out because she doesn't deserve to live here." Delphi wiped her hands on her pants and walked to the kitchen.

The sun has fully risen by now and the sky was blue.

"Well, that skank is gone!" Delphi announced as she sat down at the table with Fallon, Steven, Sam and Blake.

"I heard. And boy is her trailer ugly as hell." Fallon wrinkled her nose and rolled her eyes in disgust. 

"Let me guess, you gave her money to bring her back?" Delphi asked as she looked at her father dead in the eyes. 

"What are you talking about?" Blake asked. 

"Don't act dumb. You gave Alexis the money and she couldn't resist coming back into our lives. And who knows, you also could've paid her to light the woods on fire."  

"Delphi, I would never pay for your mother to come back. And I would especially never pay her to light the woods on fire." Blake took a sip of his morning scotch as he retreated to his office. 

Sam, Fallon and Steven sat in silence while eating their breakfast. 

Delphi stormed upstairs and entered her bedroom. 

She heard the shower was running so she closed her bedroom door, took off her clothes, grabbed a towel from the closet and entered the shower. 

James was running his fingers through his black hair and wiping his eyes. 

He turned around and wrapped his hands around Delphi's waist. 

"Hey, baby." He gave Delphi a ton of kisses on her lips and neck. 

The shower water was causing the shower and the mirror to fog up a ton. 

"So Alexis is finally gone. I practically threw her stuff at her this morning. I also cursed her out by calling her a gold digger and bitch." 

"Baby, you really cursed at your mother?" James asked as he continued kissing the back of her neck. 

"I wouldn't consider her my mother anymore after all that she's done. And the fact that she literally broke in here at like 3 in the morning and watched us sleep like a serial killer." 

"You need to get more security guards. That should keep her away." James said as he turned Delphi around and kissed her on the lips. 

"And I need to make sure Blake or Cristal hires them. Alexis hired practically all of our staff, even though this is Blake's house." 

"I could help your dad find some guards. I have some major connections, and plus my family have excellent security and I could see if I could hire some here." 

"That could work perfectly babe." Delphi gave James another kiss and then hopped out of the shower. 

~~~

After the shower was over, Delphi and James were fully dried off and laying in bed watching tv.

The door opened and Steven barged in.

"Hey. Fallon and I were thinking about riding horses at the stables. Would you two like to join us?" Steven asked. 

"We could also get to know each other." Steven exchanged a gaze at James and then to Delphi. 

"I'm not in the riding mood but maybe James would like to go." Delphi held James' hand and gave it a kiss. 

"Sure, I'll ride with you and Fallon." James stood up and gave Delphi a kiss. 

"See you in a bit." James and Steven exited the bedroom and headed outside. 

"See you," Delphi muttered as she laid back down and cuddled underneath the blankets.