~n i n e

Delphine woke up the next morning in the hospital.

She was covered in burns and had an oxygen mask over her nose.

Adam walked in and took off the mask.

"Hey, Delphine." Adam greeted as he sat down on the chair beside the bed.

"Where's the woman?" Delphine asked as she sat up and started crying.

"What woman?" Adam asked as he held Delphine's shaky hands.

"I saw a blonde woman in the woods." Delphine was gasping for air at this point.

"Delphi, firefighters are still looking. And they've never found a woman in the woods."

"But there has to be someone out there!"

"Delphi, you have inhaled a ton of smoke. It could've been due to hallucinations." Adam took out a clipboard from Delphine's bed and reviewed it.

"And the woman looked like Cristal's ex-boy toy's ex-wife," Delphine said as she laid back.

"You think Claudia Blaisdel was in those woods?"

"Positive."

As Delphine stared at the wall, she started getting memories of the fire.

The fire burning her skin, her clothes and frizzing her hair.

As Delphine inhaled, she hacked a cough as if she was sick.

"Yeah, that's why you need this." Adam put the oxygen mask back on Delphine's face.

"I'll let you rest." Adam walked out the door holding the clipboard.

~~~
Delphine woke up hours later to a blonde woman standing over her.

Delphine sat up and reached out to make sure the woman was real.

"Hello, Delphine." The woman said.

"Mother," Delphine said as she slowly backed away.

"That's right darling." Alexis Carrington took her glasses off and put them in her purse.

~~~
"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked.

"Look I'm sorry for abandoning you and everyone." Alexis apologized.

"So you were the one in the forest fire?" Delphine asked.

"Guilty!" Alexis trilled as she sat down on the chair.

"How did you disappear that fast?"

"I had a long-time friend help me. He's an expert."

"You made me seem like I was crazy. No one believed me." Delphine started getting angry.

"Delphine, how many times do I have to say that I'm sorry?"

"Whatever." Delphine laid back down and then the door opened.

Adam walked in along with the rest of the family, except Fallon who was still on house arrest.

"Alexis, what the hell are you doing here?" Blake asked.

"I heard about Delphine's accident and I thought I'd come to visit her."

"Wait a minute," Steven said as he became silent.

"You were the ones in the woods."

"Guilty!" Alexis trilled once again.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Blake asked.

"You could've endangered our daughter!"

"Blake shut up! The reason why I brought her to the woods was because I wanted to talk to her about if I could possibly move into the loft." Alexis explained.

"Unbelievable," Blake muttered.

"And no I have the loft Mother," Adam said as he stepped forward still holding the clipboard from earlier.

The door opened and Fallon burst in.

"Uh Fal what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on house arrest?" Delphine asked.

"No. All I had to do was apologize to Cristal and get Stansfield to take the bracelet off." Fallon walked towards the bed and saw Alexis admiring Delphine.

"Mom. What the hell are you doing here?" Fallon asked.

"Visiting my daughter in the hospital. What do you think I'm doing?" Alexis asked.

"Fal, she's the one who was in the woods," Delphine said as she slowly sat up.

"Unbelievable. Let me guess, you had one of your old friends get you out of the fire just to make Delphi seem crazy. Seems like your new go-to move." Fallon said as she crossed her arms and walked out the door.

Just as Fallon walked out, Sam and James walked in.

"Hey, Delphi. Are you feeling any better?" Sam and James asked in unison.

"Little bit." James walked over to Delphine and held her hands.

"You rest up okay?" James asked as he gave Delphine a kiss and walked out of the room.

The family said goodbye and exited the room.

"So Adam, when do I go home?" Delphine asked.

"Just a few more days." He said.

"Thank God." Delphine laid back against the pillow and closed her eyes. 

"Rest up now," Adam said as he walked out the door and closed it behind him.