57

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREAhannam-dong, UN Village

—SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA
hannam-dong, UN Village

"Welcome back kids!" Wonyoung greeted from the top of the stairs as soon as Myeonji entered her house with Beomgyu following closely behind. She smirked once Myeonji rolled her eyes. "Anyway, it's good that you came back Myeonji, I need to go to the store to purchase a few things before I leave Korea," She said ever so calmly it made Myeonji tense up greatly, Beomgyu noticed. "Hana is in the kitchen. Later~" The older girl waved.

There was suddenly a tense silence between Myeonji and Beomgyu, both of them frozen at her house's lobby as Wonyoung passed them. It was crazy how unaware Wonyoung was at the awkwardness she had just sparked between the couple, gently punching Beomgyu on the shoulder and patting Myeonji's head once before exiting the house through the door. And it was only then Myeonji's eyes widened at the number of boxes on the ground near her feet. Wonyoung was a material girl meaning whenever she travelled, she travelled with style and a lot of luggage. It was never a problem for Myeonji and truth be told, she never noticed it. But with the abundant amount of boxes at her feet, she could see it now.

"What are these?" Beomgyu's shoulder brushed Myeonji's as he passed her, having taken off his shoes before her. She watched as he bent down, both of his knees bent as he brought up a hand to lift up the smallest box in the pile. "New York? These are going to New York?" Beomgyu's eyes snapped up, looking at all the brown boxes of different sizes with astonishment.

"Hey," Beomgyu felt a gentle hand on his shoulder. Once he looked up, he noticed Myeonji's hand and the small frown on her lips. However, as soon as his gaze was on her, she gave him a small smile. "Stop snooping around Wonyoung's things ---"

"Are you leaving too?"

Myeonji felt as if she had just been pierced through the heart. She felt as if she was being pushed under a tremendous tidal wave, the pressure she was feeling at the moment was deathlike and unbearable. The figurative waves she thought about mimicked the growing tears in her boyfriend's eyes as she stayed silent, unable to answer the question because she knew what she was going to say, and a part of Beomgyu knew too. Both wished they hadn't though.

"I—"

"Stay. Please," Beomgyu instantly shot up. It made Myeonji step back and Beomgyu noticed. He too noticed how impulsive and blunt he was being, but he could care less. Making sure he was a lot more gentle this time, he grabbed Myeonji's elbows with his hands and pulled her closer to him. "6 months. Are you just going to throw that all away?" He asked her, furrowing his eyebrows since he was unable to understand what she was thinking at the moment. He couldn't believe she wanted to leave after 6 months together, it just didn't click with Beomgyu.