Chapter 13

I couldn't believe it! Jim had somehow found me. It was almost too good to be true, but there he was, standing right in front of me. I scrambled to my feet and embraced him, practically crashing into him and almost knocking him over. His arms enveloped me without hesitation.

"Raphaelle," he whispered.

"Jim, I can't believe it," I said, pulling back to look in his eyes. His hands kept me close, resting on my lower back. "How did you find me? How did you get past the pirates? Quick, we have to get out of here before they-"

"None of that matters now," he cut me off, placing his index finger over my lips to quiet me. "What's important is that I found you."

"I really missed you," I admitted, pressing my cheek against his chest.

"I missed you too, baby," he said.

"Baby? Since when do you call me that?" I asked a little confused. Jim had never called me that before, and it didn't really fit his personality to use cheesy nicknames.

"Since right now," he replied casually, shrugging his shoulders.

"We better get going before the pirates come and find you," I urged, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door.

"Come on, relax." He tugged me back into his arms and held me tightly against his body. "Let's just enjoy this moment," he said alluringly.

He grabbed my face in his hands and drew me into a kiss. It was much more forceful than usual, and I was a little put off by this at first. But I reasoned that he must have missed me a lot and probably been worried sick about me.

But when I felt his tongue trying to push past my lips and enter my mouth, I knew something was wrong. I gasped, accidently allowing his tongue entrance. I let out a high-pitched moan in protest and tried to push him away, but he grabbed onto my shoulders and held me closer. Seeing no other options, I did the only thing I could think of to make him stop.

I bit his tongue as hard as I could. The coppery flavor of his blood bombarded my taste buds.

He broke the kiss and shoved me away, but not before scratching his nails deeply across my cheek in punishment. I resisted the urge to bring my hand up to my cheek because I didn't want to appear weak. So I left it alone, but it was impossible to completely ignore the stinging pain.

"You're not Jim," I accused. I hadn't seen it before, but only because it had never occurred to me that someone could perfectly disguise themselves to look like Jim. I also desperately wanted Jim to find me, so I may have ignored all the little red flags in my head warning me that something was off.

The imposter smirked and chuckled evilly, his expression transforming the face of the boy I loved into someone I didn't recognize.

"What are you talking about? Of course I am. I mean, just look at me. I look exactly like Jim Hawkins, so I must be!" he mocked.

"Enough, Alex. I know it's you. That was a nasty trick and you had me fooled there for a little while, but I know Jim too well, and you don't know how to play the part," I said.

The smirk remained on his face, but he pressed a button on a small band on his finger that I hadn't noticed before. The imposter before me changed from Jim to Alex. It must have been some sort of advanced holographic camouflage or something.

I hate technology, I thought, mentally rolling my eyes.

"Okay, you've had your fun. Now get out," I ordered, pointing towards the door.

"I don't think so. The fun's only just started. And besides, I haven't gotten what I came down here for yet," he said darkly, advancing towards me. Frightened, I took a step back.

Before I could take another step, Alex rushed towards me and shoved me up against the wall. He captured my wrists and pinned them to the wall on either side of my head. He was much taller than me, so he had to bend down to get close to my face. He moved his face closer to mine, but instead of going for my lips like I thought he would, his cheek glided against mine as he headed for a different target. He inhaled the scent of my hair, breathing out a content sigh afterwards. I tried to struggle against his restraints, but he was too strong. He pulled back and looked down at me, causing me to halt in my efforts.

The strange look in his eye was back; the one I couldn't identify before. But now I knew exactly what it was. Lust.

At that point, I was beyond scared straight. I bit my lip, attempting to hold back the cry of fear wanting to escape.

"Bite my tongue again and I will make you suffer," Alex warned, leaning forward until his nose almost touched mine.

Then he crashed his lips onto mine and kissed me violently. His tongue tried to force its way into my mouth again, but I refused to part my lips. He kissed me harder, trying to weaken me and get me to slip, but I continued to deny him what he wanted. I probably could have succeeded, if he hadn't cheated.

He brought my arms from their position beside my head to up above me

He brought my arms from their position beside my head to up above me. Transferring his grip so that one hand grasped both of my wrists, his other hand reached behind his back where there was a hidden dagger sheathed on his belt. My eyes widened at the sight of the shiny metal blade, but I still kept my lips firmly sealed. I assumed he was just trying to scare me and that he wasn't actually going to use it.

I have never been more wrong in my entire life.

He slowly and painfully dragged the sharp edge of the blade across my arm, easily ripping through my shirt and tearing into my arm. I couldn't keep the scream inside. The moment my lips parted, his tongue plunged into my mouth and proceeded to explore every inch of it. I was helpless to stop it.

I whimpered as he continued to ravage my mouth, curling his tongue around mine and teasing my lips. Salty tears started to stream down my face, stinging the fresh scratches on my cheek.

It must have gone on for only a few minutes, but to me it felt like an eternity. When he at last pulled away, I gasped for air.

"See, that wasn't so bad, now was it?" Alex teased evilly.

I turned my head to the side and squeezed my eyes shut, refusing to meet his gaze. Tears continued to flow freely from my eyes, but I couldn't have stopped them if I wanted to.

"Please, just go," I begged weakly.

He let go of my wrists and I collapsed onto the floor, too beat to hold myself up. As he was leaving the cell, he stopped in the doorway and turned to me, giving me a wicked grin.

"I enjoyed that. But tomorrow, I expect you to be a little more compliant. Do you think you can do that, Ginger Snap?" he said. With that, he left the cell, locking it behind him.

I cried harder than I ever thought possible. I was in pain, physically and emotionally, and I felt completely violated, even if it had been just a kiss. I wanted to curl into a ball and disappear. I tried to stand up, but couldn't find the energy. I dragged myself over to the mattress and pulled myself up onto it. My arm was still bleeding, creating a huge mess on my clothes and the floor, but I had nothing I could use to stop the flow. I examined it and decided that I wouldn't lose too much blood, but it would be enough to make me extremely weak; weaker than I already was. My biggest issue, besides the raving lunatic determined to torture me in every way imaginable, would be preventing it from getting infected, which would be almost impossible in this disgustingly dirty cell.

I laid back on the bed, unable to hold myself up any longer. I cried myself to sleep, and continued to cry throughout most of the night.