Chapter 1

Just last year, I was sitting in an orphanage contemplating a future that seemed all too bleak. But everything changed when I made a wish on my 16th birthday. I wished that I could be in the movie Treasure Planet and it came true. I was transported to the universe of Treasure Planet, but as many people come to discover, every wish comes with a price. Some power or force had taken all my memories of the movie, so I couldn't remember the plot or how it ended anymore. I only remembered a few of the characters. One of the first people I met was Jim Hawkins, whom I'd had a big crush on since childhood. We went on an incredible adventure to find Treasure Planet, the legendary loot of a thousand worlds belonging to the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint. While things between Jim and I started off a little rocky, we grew close on the adventure, and discovered we had strong feelings for each other. On our ship, the R.L.S. Legacy, we met a pirate named Long John Silver who became like a father figure to us and helped us find ourselves. After almost getting killed on the exploding trap set up by Captain Flint to keep anyone from stealing his treasure, we let said pirate free, since he had done so much to help us. He really was good deep down, he had just lost his way, like me and Jim. We had all found a new future; one that we never could have imagined was possible a few months before. A future full of promise, and one that Jim and I could share together.

But that was almost a year ago. Now, it was summer. Jim and I had just completed our first year at the Interstellar Academy. It had been great. We'd made lots of new friends and learned many things that would help us in our future. It had been slightly more difficult for me, since a lot of the things that were common knowledge about this universe hadn't been existent back on Earth. I had to work extra hard to acquire all the basic knowledge that most others already had. But I was able to do it and maintain good grades. Now we were back on Montressor, Jim's home planet.

I no longer lived in an orphanage. I lived with Jim and his mother, Sarah Hawkins, in their new Inn that we had built with some of the treasure Silver had given to Jim. I still had almost all of mine, and seeing as how I had been able to grab a whole bag of it before the rest had been destroyed, I doubted that I would ever run out. I had offered Mrs. Hawkins to take some of mine, but she wouldn't accept it, insisting that it was mine and that I should hold onto it for the future. However, I still used some of it on them every once in a while; just little things, like birthday gifts or groceries. Mrs. Hawkins was making enough with the fantastic new Inn to cover regular expenses and still have a little left over, even with the extra burden of having me in her household.

Jim's hair had grown out since he last got it cut just before we went off to the Academy. Now it looked almost the same as it had when I first met him. His bangs were longer and hung in front of his eyes just a bit and his head was shaved from the ear down. There was a braided rat-tail at the base of his neck, but it wasn't as long as it had been the first time. He had also put his gold hoop back in his ear. His mom had been a bit worried when he returned to his old hairstyle, but she relaxed when he promised that he would get it cut again before going back to school.

My hair had also grown long, and the ends were looking kinda scraggly and damaged. So I got a few inches trimmed off when we arrived on Montressor, but other than that it was the same as it used to be. I had asked Jim if he would prefer me with shorter hair, but he just said I would look beautiful with any hairstyle. I decided to keep it long, since he liked running his fingers through it.

It was nice being back on Montressor. Jim and I helped Mrs. Hawkins with the Inn sometimes, though we weren't needed much since she could afford to hire extra help. Jim and I instead focused on our relationship. When at the Academy, we usually focused on our schoolwork, though we would occasionally take a weekend off to go dancing with friends. Now, we had all day to do nothing but spend time with each other.

Jim had told his mother about the night he heard me singing on the ship and she wanted to hear me. I sang for them and they thought I had a beautiful voice. Jim came up with the idea that I sing for the customers at night when they were eating dinner. I was a little hesitant at first, but Jim convinced me that it would be fun, so I agreed. Every night that summer I sang for a couple of hours. I didn't know any songs from the Treasure Planet universe, so I mostly sang Disney songs that I had listened to growing up. Naturally, nobody who came to the Inn had heard them before, but they all loved them and would come back to hear more.

My life was amazing. I never could have imagined being so happy and surrounded by people who loved me as much as Jim and Mrs. Hawkins. Everything was perfect!

But it wouldn't remain that way for long.