12

HARRY

I chewed on my bottom lip as I sit back, a Pink Floyd song plays on my radio and I look ahead, scoping out the place. Beside me was Zayn, the annoying sound of his keyboard clicking from his texting makes me turn to him. I stare at him until he notices. "What?" He feigns confusion.

"You've got anything better to do?" I retort, finding another position to sit in that won't have my ass cramping. We've been in this dark parking lot for the past hour and a half. Boring would be an understatement but this is what comes with the job, a lot of money yes but usually a lot of waiting.

"Actually, I do." He says, putting his phone away. "I'm meeting Raven later."

"Surprised you could even get her off of you for you to tell me that. It's annoying so see someone be so clingy." I toy with the ripped strands of my jeans on my knees.

"I think it's cute." I make a disgusted face and Zayn chuckles as if that's the reaction he knew he'd get. "Don't hate alright?"

"Not that I give a shit, but where'd you even leave her?"

"At yours with Emmaline." He says nonchalantly. It seems everyone has been dropping off their problems at my place lately. "They're getting to be really good friends."

"I don't give a shit about Pansy Parkinson or the problem that you left off at my doorstep. Which by the way, why is she staying at my place and not at yours? You were the one that brought her in, she should be staying with you."

Zayn shakes his head and lights a cigarette. "Because you're a good friend of mine." He mocks and I roll my eyes. "Ah shit, someone's a bit tense about Emmaline." Zayn blows out the smoke with a smirk.

"Yeah, so?"

He shrugs. "Does someone have a little crush?"

"Are you incoherent?" I argued, a furrow between my brows. "Clearly you don't know what you're talking about." I look down to my phone, dismissing the stupid grin Zayn held.

1:30 AM.

"Come on, you must like her a little." Zayn nudges my arm on the glove compartment making it fall and I suck my teeth in annoyance. "What's there not to like?"

"Do you have something you wanna say? Cause you know, if you wanna fool around with Emmaline, I won't say a word to Raven." I turn the tables and he looks taken aback.

"Wait, what?" He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, probably wondering how I switched up the spotlight so quick. "No, that's not what I'm—"

"Hey, it's okay." I pat his knee twice. "Your secret's safe with me." Zayn doesn't get a chance to correct himself because my phone vibrates with a text message.

luke
Subaru WRX STI, all black.
must change license plate before u take it.

"Alright," I sit up and put my black hood over my head, slipping my phone into the front pocket of my black skinny jeans. "Stay close." Zayn nods and I exit the old taxi cab we currently sat in. He slides in the drivers side and starts the cab while I quietly go towards the targeted car.

I look both ways before I kneel down and remove the plates both front and back and discreetly go towards the door. Before I could pick at the lock, I notice that it is already unlocked. "Fucking idiots." I mumble to myself while opening the door and sliding in. I look around. If they were stupid enough to leave the car unlocked, they're stupid enough to leave the keys in here.

With just a quick search, I find the keys under the seat and start the engine. Serves them right for being this fucking stupid, this is why you don't leave your expensive car in an airport parking lot.
I flash the LED lights at Zayn and he pulls away from the parking lot and drives off, I follow just behind.