Chapter 7: The Proverbial Bandaid

•after this chapter only two left get ready•

-

I know Carmilla said to give her some time in her note she left under my door but in my perspective she's had more than enough time and it's literally killing me. I can't sleep, I can't focus, it needs to end and that'll be when I figure out what to do. Which will be after I scheme for a good amount of time.

After about an hour of laying upside down on my couch and humming I finally conjured up an idea.

I mean she couldn't avoid me anymore if I went to the diner she works at and if I ask specifically to be sat in her section. It'll be perfect.

-

I was almost to the entry door to the diner. I'll admit it. I'm nervous as hell. I got over my nerves rather quickly and walked in and asked the boy Will, where Carmilla's section was and he pointed me over. I took a seat at a small booth and hung my head in my hands. I sighed as I scanned my mind for any sign if I should just leave and forget about my crazy idea.

But it was too late to rethink my already made decision.

"Seriously, cutie?" Carmilla sighed as she approached the table I was sat at.

"I shouldn't have came, I'm sorry, um okay, bye!" I said as I tried to get up and run away but Carmilla pushed my back down by my shoulder not allowing me to use my fight or flight response which I obviously wanted to use 'flight'.

"You're not leaving."

"Just let me so I'm not a pestilence anymore to your existence." I whined but there sat Carmilla, still not budging.

"You are many things, like nosey, headstrong and stubborn but you aren't a pest. Certainly not to me. Don't forget so soon that I bothered you for everyday of your life." She made a point, but it didn't really make me feel much better about my decision of coming here.

"I should of planned this out better..." I groaned and Carmilla just smiled. I'm glad she's enjoying this to some degree.

"I'm glad you didn't, you shouldn't have to give a speech. I need to. But, you talk first. You obviously had something to say if you came here to this shit hole."

"Okay..." I said timidly with a deep breath. "I just really want to know why you stormed out of here when I was hanging out with Danny?" Carmilla then pursed her lips in a pouty way which was much too cute. Focus, Laura.

"I was jealous, okay...But I had/have no right to be." Carmilla said and I could see her mentally scolding herself for her previous behavior.

"You can have a right if you want to you know." I replied. She looked up at me with bright eyes and a furrowed brow.

"Huh?" Carmilla asked questioningly with a grin. She wanted me to say it, she wanted to hear the words perfectly clear. She was gonna milk this out of me any way that she could.

"Don't be a jerk, I know that's hard for you, you know what I mean too." I replied shutting down her grin and she just rolled her eyes.

"Well, I guess I should elaborate more than I was just jealous, huh?" Carmilla asked as she raised her eyebrows and I nodded.

"It would be nice." I replied and she pursed her lips once again in a pouty way, tilting her head back before explaining.

"Obviously, as I've told you recently I've always had a crush on you and when I got to kiss you at the party and we started hanging out and becoming friends it was literally my adolescent dream coming to life. I mean the amount of times I bothered Laf over the years with how much I wanted to kiss the little cupcake Laura and it finally happened. Then it happened a few more times and I don't know..." She said trailing off with a smile. It was actually so cute to see her smile over me and I don't know. Butterflies just filled my stomach.