Chapter 6: Mistakes Part 2

•here's part two yall, enjoy by the way this chapter is kinda short sorry•

-The Next Day-

It's Sunday and I still haven't heard anything from Carmilla, neither have Lafontaine and Perry.

It's killing me honestly. I've gotten into this routine of hanging out and texting and I don't like not being in that routine. Not to mention it's also killing me that I don't know what I did wrong if I even did anything wrong.

But I can't let her control my thoughts today. I have class and important exams to take. I can't her breach my mind and blow everything up. I won't allow it today.

I put Carmilla aside and focused at today's task at hand. I got ready and gathered my materials for today's classes and took a cab to Silas.

The ride is about thirty minutes long and filled with silence. During the duration of the ride I kept finding the thoughts of Carmilla coming into my train of thought but I quickly pushed them out multiple times.

I made my way to my journalism class, bumping into Danny on the way. We exchanged a quick glance and a smile and that was it. We continued on our own ways.

I sat at my assigned seat in the lecture room where a thick booklet laid. Most of the test is written, only a small portion of the test will be multiple questions.

-

It was about two and a half hours before I finished my exam. I was with a few other people when I finished, there was just a small group of us left. I made sure I took my precious time. I couldn't afford to fail this test. If I do I'm screwed for this semester.

-

Once I was back at home I stripped out of my clothes into some comfy pajamas which consisted of a hoodie, sweatpants and fuzzy socks.

I then climbed into my bed with my laptop and found a movie to watch on Netflix with ultimately reminded me of Carmilla.

I couldn't escape her no matter how hard I tried. It also didn't help that she had left her black scarf here the last time she came over. It was just sitting across the room taunting me with how she won't talk to me.

I just can't sit here rolling in the pity I have for myself. I won't allow it. It won't go on any longer than this if it does then just put me out of my misery.

That's when I got the grand idea to hang out with Danny. After all I did ditch her to go after Carmilla whom of which will not talk to me so till then why should I keep myself cooped up waiting for Carmilla to get out of her shitty mood.

I picked up my phone and opened up a text to Danny.

-To Danny-

Can I cash in that rain check tonight?

After a few minutes of no reply my phone finally buzzed. Half of me was hoping for it to be Carmilla but it wasn't. It was Danny replying back.

*From Danny*

Yeah definitely I'm guessing not the same place though?

-To Danny-

Yeah no we can go get coffee if that's fine

*From Danny*

Perfect, then see you at Starbucks on 25th at 6

-To Danny-

Great :)

Of course she chose the one Starbucks I would give anything to avoid right now. I mean we are in New York for Christ's sake. There's a Starbucks everywhere but if course it has to be the one Carmilla and I went to.