Turning Into Dust

Mew sat there for hours without doing anything but sobbing hysterically. He got up and fell on the bed. He hardly had energy to clean his cuts and at that point he didn't care anymore. He didn't know when he fell asleep. Incessant knocking at the door woke him up. He tried to ignore whoever was at the door. Must be Sarawat. He would leave after a while.

His phone rang and he cut the call without checking the caller id. He switched off his phone. He had got lots of messages and calls from students in college. He had read some of the texts. They were cruel and rude. He was being called names. He wanted to tell them what was the truth but he didn't have energy to do so. And at the moment he believed half of the post.

The knocking at the door hadn't stopped even now. He got up from the bed and opened the door. He hadn't expected to see Gulf standing there. Mew was debating whether to shut the door or ask Gulf why was he here. But Gulf didn't give him time to ask anything, he barged inside and stopped short looking at the mess in the living room.

Mew suddenly remembered the condition of his hand and pulled down his sleeves. He closed the door and went after Gulf.

"Gulf, why are you here? "

"You don't want me to be here? "

"I didn't mean that. I'm sorry about the post. It mentioned your name and it must be a hassle. I'm sorry about that. I'll-"

"Why are you apologizing? Did you write that post? "

"No."

"Then I don't think you've anything to apologize for."

"Still because of me you are centre of gossip."

"I don't give damn about that. People have gossiped about me a lot. It doesn't faze me anymore."

"Are you okay? "

"I think I should be asking you that."

"I'm fine. "

"You don't seem fine to me."

"Don't worry, I'll be okay. It will pass."

"You look like you have been crying for hours."

"No. I was just sleeping."

"You are worrying me."

"I'm sorry-"

"Can you stop apologizing for a minute? "

"Okay."

"Hop in shower and I'll make something for you to eat."

"You don't have to. I'll be fine so you can go now."

"Mew, do as I'm saying."

"Okay."

Mew did as Gulf said. He had no energy to oppose him. He was dumbfounded to see him here. He didn't understand why Gulf was here. Was he worried about him? No, after all Mew had done to him, how could Gulf worry about him. Mew showered quickly and bandaged his wounds. He didn't want Gulf to know about them. It would definitely make him go away. They looked disgusting on his skin.

Mew came out of his room and saw Gulf cooking his favorite dish. It smelled heavenly. He felt hungry for the first time since he came back home. He took seat and quickly started eating. He stuffed his mouth like he couldn't get enough of it.

"Mew, slow down. You'll choke on the food. Eat slowly."

"It's delicious."

"I know but no need to choke on it."

After Mew and Gulf finished eating, Gulf starting washing the utensils.

"You don't have to, Gulf. I'll do that later. You have done enough."