Panic Attack - Sarah Paulson

Suggestion by holytrinitysophie : Sarah is the readers sister. (y/n) is staying with her and (y/n) has a panic attack whilst sat watching TV with Sarah and Holland- Sarah helps her calm down and take her anxiety medication whilst she holds her and covers her with a blanket to get her to rest. - Sarah tells her how proud she is of her etc x

Thank you for your suggestion love x

TW : Panic Attack, Medication (pill)

-- words count : 850 --

Reader POV :

I was staying with Sarah and Holland for the holidays and I was so happy because they are so nice with me, even if I'm far younger than them. Everything was going well and I rapidly told them that I had some medication for my anxiety, but they were okay with it and didn't ask questions. Sarah knows that I have panic attacks since my younger age, but it has been a while since she saw me having one. My panic attacks are triggered by loud noises, crowd... But I was doing great, so I was no worried about having one.

This evening, the three of us are laying on the huge couch of Holland and Sarah's living room, watching TV. I'm falling asleep because it's late and I can feel my eyelids closing, when I suddenly hear a loud noise. I immediately sit on the couch, wide awake, looking around me trying to understand what was the big sound.

Sarah and Holland are nearly asleep on the couch too, so at first they don't notice my breathing starting to get heavier. I hate when I don't understand where a noise is coming from, it stresses me a lot, I need to figure it out. I stand up, gasping for air, tears on my eyes, when Sarah notices me.

Sarah POV :

"(y/n) ? You're okay ?" I ask my little sister as I see her standing in the living room, looking for something. I can see her chest moving rapidly and I quickly understand that she is having a panic attack.

I stand up as well and I reach for her hand but she pulls away. "Come on baby, sit down with me, it's okay, you're okay."

But she isn't listening, she is stuck in her thoughts and she starts gasping for her.

"Hey hey hey, sit down (y/n)." I demand but she doesn't seem to be hearing me so I put my hands on her shoulders and I push her down on the couch, but at my sudden touch, she starts struggling and fighting me. Her breathing is getting worst and I'm scared she'll pass out because she is not able to breath right. But then I remember that she had medication in case she is having a bad panic attack. As I can't leave her alone for now, I ask Holland to go take the medication in (y/n)'s bedroom.

As Holland looks for it, I try to calm my sister down. I'm holding her hands, even if she tries to pulls away, my grips are strong.

"Take a deep breathe for me my sweet girl, please I need you to take a deep breathe." I ask her as she clearly tries to breath, but it looks so difficult.

Holland comes back and hands me a bottle of pills. I open it and I take a pill. I try to put it on (y/n)'s mouth but her lips close as soon as my hand comes closer to them.

"Open your mouth baby girl, you'll feel better with that."

Reader POV :

I can see Sarah through my tears giving me a pill, but I shut my mouth as soon as she tries to put it in. I'm so scared I'm going to die, I'm gasping for air, and the pill is going to make me choke. I can't swallow for now or I'll die because I can't breathe. But Sarah tries opening my mouth with her fingers. I'm struggling and kicking her, I don't want to hurt her but I'm so scared right now.

"Holland ! Help me please, hold her while I give her her medication." Sarah asks to Holland.

Then, I feel two arms pulling me and I can't fight Sarah anymore. I struggle few minutes but Holland holds me tight so I can't really move and I feel really exhausted, so I resign myself and I slowly open my mouth as I try to catch some air in my lungs. Sarah puts the pill on my tongue and hands me a glass of water. I'm shacking so she helps me drink and Holland releases slowly her grip.

I start to feel better, my breathing is slower and I'm not shaking anymore.

"Keep going sweetie, you're doing great, I'm proud of you." Sarah whimpers at my ears.

Once I'm much more calm, I'm feeling very tired. Sarah makes me lay on the couch and put a cover on me. She strokes my hair and says sweet things like "I know how hard this is for you, but you did great honey I'm so proud of you." My eyelids feel heavy and I eventually fall asleep hearing Sarah reassuring me. "I'm proud of you baby girl, you're so brave. Sleep tight sweet (y/n)."