Fainting - Cordelia Goode

Cordelia helps the reader with their eating disorder after the reader fainted.

TW : Eating Disorder

-- words count : 950 --

Reader POV :

When I woke up this morning, I was very dizzy. My head was spinning and I was very cold. I put on a hoodie and some leggings, but I tried to put multiples clothes because I was very cold, and I didn't want the girls of the academy to notice that I had lost a lot of weight. No one had notice yet, well it was what I was thinking.

I didn't showed up at breakfast as usual and I headed up to class. I spent the day tired, dizzy, cold... But when I went to the greenhouse for my last class of the day with Miss Cordelia, I didn't know how I would be able to stay standing in front of the large table in the middle of the room.

Cordelia speaks for few minutes and then she let us do our potions by ourselves. As I was very slow, she came to me.

"(y/n), how is it going ?" She asks softly.

"Fine." I answer weakly, but it's not true.

"Are you sure ? You seem a bit off lately."

"I'm okay Miss Cordelia..." I whisper as black spots start to fill my eyes. I'm unsteady and Cordelia can tell.

"(y/n) ? Are you sure you're okay ? You don't look well sweetheart, come sit down." She says, putting her arm around my waist but I start to fight her.

"No, I'm fine, let me..." And I'm not able to finish my sentence. I see all black and I can't hear Cordelia, I just feel my skinny body hitting the ground.

Cordelia POV :

I'm talking to (y/n) and she really doesn't seem well. I ask her to go sit but she pulls away and suddenly she fell on the ground. I wasn't prepared for that so I didn't had the time to catch her. As I reach for her on the ground, I take her hand in mine and I stroke her cheek with my other hand. I can feel how cold she is, and pale.

"(y/n) open your eyes, honey please wake up."

I'm so worry, I don't understand what is happening to her and she isn't waking up. Yes, I've notice she doesn't eat often, or she is missing when we are eating together, yes she is skinny, but I didn't think it was in a sick way. I try to lift her to put her on the couch in the greenhouse, and it's way easier than I though. She is really, really skinny. As I make her lay on the couch, I grab her hand and stroke her hair.

"(y/n) it's Cordelia, please wake up, you're okay now." I try to give her little slaps on her cheeks but nothing seems to work. "(y/n), open your eyes !" I start to panic. "Honey !" I shake her slightly.

Reader POV :

I slowly regain consciousness as I hear Cordelia panicking next to me. I feel her shaking me a bit and I try to open my eyes but it's so difficult. I feel so weak and I want to fall asleep again. I moan a bit because I feel a painful sting on the back of my head.

"(y/n) ?! Open your eyes for me sweetheart !" I hear Cordelia slightly panicking.

I try the hardest I can and I open my eyes very, very lightly.

"Oh my god (y/n) you scared me !"

"So-sorry..." I answer very weakly as Cordelia pulls me in a hug. She slowly release my weak body and look at me as I'm in pain.

"You're okay ? Are you hurt ?"

"I think I hit my head on the ground..." I reply with a dry throat.

"Okay, we'll come back inside the academy and I'll put some ice on your head. But I need you to talk to me about why you passed out."

I nodded slightly and she helps me standing up. The dizziness is back and I feel unsteady again.

"Can you walk sweetheart ?" Cordelia asks softly.

"I think so..."

We walk to the academy and Cordelia makes me sit on the couch in front of the fireplace. With a wrist movement, she lights the fireplace. She left me for few minutes as I start to feel the hot fire warming me. I take off some of my clothes and I remain in a simple tee-shirt and my leggings. When Cordelia come back with some ice and some things to eat and drink, she stops in front of me, looking so shocked and concerned.

"What ?" I ask.

"(y/n) your body, your... your face and your skin ! Oh my, your sick honey." She says approaching me. She sits next to me and put the ice on the back of my head. I wince but she is too occupied analyzing my body to notice.

"It's not a surprise you fainted (y/n)..."

I stare at my lap but Cordelia lifts my chin with her finger, for me to look at her, and tears start filling my eyes.

"Talk to me sweetheart, please tell me what's wrong. I can help you."

"I- I have trouble Miss Cordelia, trouble to eat, I'm scared... I- I-" And I burst into uncontrollable sobs as Cordelia stroke my back.

"I'm so sorry you feel this way baby. But you need to eat, you deserve to eat. You are a powerful witch and if you want to keep progressing, you have to give your body what it wants, food."

She then picks up some biscuits and gives them to me.

"Eat that, please. I know it's hard but it's the beginning, then we'll take an appointment with a therapist, you'll be fine I promise."

I look at Sarah with tears streaming down my cheeks but I put the biscuits in my mouth, I chew them and swallow, with a face of disgust.

"I'm proud of you (y/n)."