Chapter 1

Insert song: End of time by WESTLIFE

Almost 4 and a half years when that incident happened. No one knows if that was really true or just a rumor. All I know from that time until now is that I have to be strong and continue my living. No matter how hard the truth is, believing in ourselves gives a huge impact to be a better person.

And now, I am an Accountant-Lawyer!

"Congratulations Daniiii!"

My friends shouted too loud.

Yes! You heard it right! I already gained a friend.

Maybe those times when I didn't have a friend were too bad for me, no! it's just that I have one, but we rarely meet. And the epic one, is that even though we have been friends for a long time, I still have not saved her phone number. So funny right!

I was really forgetful!

"Thank you so much for all of you, to be here celebrating my success. All of these would not happen if not because of all your help everyone."

Yeah that's true! They helped me. To my expenses and home.

I'm already an Orphan.

Siguro, they left me because they dont like me. I don't know, it's just that one day, nagising na lang ako na wala na sila. That was the reason why I am living alone in a crowded boarding house. I am alone, yet I am not Lonely.

Only Kie and I ang parang magkakakilala. Wala akong ibang kilala maliban sa kanila ng landlady namin that time.

Remember that girl named Janica?

"Hey, babe! Congrats, you made it!"

We're friends, No! We're BEST FRIENDS!

" Hi babe! No, we made it! Congratulations to you too!"

Yeah, after that incident, when she walked out in our classroom, I thought we were really enemies. But, when I met and recognized the real her, I got pitied at first but at last I love her like a family. She changed me, so I did.

"Ohhh! That's too sweet of you babe!" Then she kissed me on the forehead.

"Hey you two! Stop making drama here! Can't you just enjoy this celebration!?"

We just giggle at our friend Jam's rant.

"So Dan, what are your plans now, are you going to turn down the offer abroad?"

Yeah, I have an offer abroad to be a company lawyer of the Atlantes Company Holding Group. That is a British company that holds one of the big real estate buildings. For me, it's not a bad offer, it's a big opportunity either.

"Who am I to reject that offer!? That is too much for a fresh graduate in fact!"

Yeah, totoo yon but, the fact that I am here in the Philippines, bagong environment ang bubungad sa akin doon.  I still need experience here in the country for at least half of the year.

"Oh my gosh! That's too great a decision Dan, I wish the best for you!"

Natatawa na lang sila sa naging reactions ni Janica. That's her! Overreacting. Pero, at the same time, she is a sweet one.

"With that! Let's have a toss everyone!" Jam shouted, in conjunction with the loud music in the Bar.

Nagpatuloy ang celebration namin, dance here, dance there! Walang humpay na pag papakasaya ang ginagawa nila, while me, heto tinatamad. Medyo tipsy na kasi ako. Daming drinks ang binigay sa akin, as the fact that this is my celebration daw. So here I am chilling on the couch.