A Red Hot Oni Pt 2

Start from the beginning

Fast as their feet could take them the trio followed Itto through the hideout of the bandits that the blue oni had sided with. Freeing and rescuing the captives as they went. Itto had been startled when the people started addressing Xiao as "Suzaku-sama" upon the sight of him and his wings having been out at the time. 

"Why the hell were they callin' you 'Suzaku-sama' this and 'Suzaku-sama' that? Are you some kind of big shot, Xiao?"asked Itto as they made their way for the chamber the leader was probably hiding in with the blue oni.

"Hmph, matters little to me what the mortals call me here in Inazuma."Xiao stated plainly.

"They started calling him that due to his true form being this really big bird."Paimon informed eagerly.

"Wait so this pipsqueak I see isn't what you really look like?"Itto yelped in surprise. 

"What did you just call me? Come on I dare you yokai!"snarled Xiao looking like some pissed off cat almost. Well more like a pissed off bird since his wings were still out and had curled, his feathers ruffled from sharp temper baring his fangs at being called small. 

"Woah easy there, pal I meant no offense."Itto assured practically looking like he had stars in his eyes as he tried to figure out what the yaksha looked like.

"Xiao's actually a bird yaksha adeptus from Liyue contracted to the geo archon, Rex Lapis."Lumine informed hopping with ease over the platform's gap towards the stairs. Paimon and Xiao not far behind as he stayed protectively close to his bride-to-be.

"Wait seriously? That's so cool man!!!"laughed Itto in delight at the fact he now knew a bonified adeptus. It did not take long before they reached the chamber and sure enough there was the boss of the ronin bandits. Neither of them wasted time as Lumine, Xiao, and Itto all summoned their weapons of choice and dived in without mercy at the bandits. Sending the minions flying while Itto took out the boss of the group with frightening ease. With a pained howl Nogata was sent flying.

"Give it up."hissed Lumine. "Your men are down and you're out numbered and out matched."

"It'd be wise to head her words, mortal ronin."Xiao spat as the man heaved himself up to sit up.

"Bet you think you've won, don't you?"taunted Nogata with a dark laugh. "So naïve, this is my home turf!"

"Who care's who turf it is you thief."spat Lumine.

"Ha! I'll let you in on a lil' secret then."Nogata began revealing some kind of paper charm. "A long ago I found this here rare paper charm. It's very precious to me."

Xiao let out a growl as he quickly sensed something was very wrong with this bandit. His instincts screaming and howling, making him get in between Lumine and the enemy. "Purge! Corrupted! Get rid of it!" were all the things screeching in his head. The  aura on this man and his eyes were not natural. His reaction alerting the girls first then Itto soon afterwards. What happened next sent them all into action as Takuya had expertly swiped the charm as itto was fast to knock the man flat on his face. However Takuya by mistake had torn the paper charm even with Itto's insistence. 

"You blubbering fool!"snarled Xiao. "What have you done!? The entire hideout is coming down!" Xiao was beyond furious as he dashed with a flash of anemo and quickly grabbed Luminesaving her from a falling lumber pillar. 

"Just get out of here, don't worry about me i got this!"shouted Itto as he hurried to charge after his fellow oni.

Xiao needed no more convincing as he teleported out of there as Lumine and Paimon held onto him. Getting the girls to safety with ease. once safely outside Xiao set Lumine down, golden eyes full of concern turning to relief seeing she was unharmed. "Thank goodness."he thought. Some time later Itto came out supporting Takuya just, bruised and battered from the rubble but otherwise they both looked to be alright.

"Look it's Itto and Takuya!"pointed out Paimon in relief.

"Ugh...ouch...that's going to hurt tomorrow..."groaned Itto as he hunched over with hands on his knees. Carefully he eased himself to sit down. man he felt sore from all the debre he bashed through today. Only to chuckle at seeing the concern on the trio's faces. "Hey what's with those looks on your faces? I did say we'd be fine."

"Are you sure you're ok? You look like a ruin guard smacked you from here to Monstandt, Itto."asked Lumine in concern. The sun just catching a small gleam of her silver ring on her hand. 

"You should take it easy those wounds aren't minor but they will increase in severity if you do not take proper due course of action."Xiao advised sharply, his words sharp but concern in his eyes betrayed him of his real emotions. 

"Yeah, yeah I know. But I'm sure I'd be fairing a whole lot better if somebody didn't toss a brutal bean attack at me earlier today!"he retorted sharply making Lumine begin to sulk in guilt. Xiao did not seem to take kindly to that as he went over pulled Lumine close just as his wings vanished in a golden light.

"We said sorry ok! No need to rub salt in the wound, geez..."huffed Paimon.

"Well I'm just glad you're both ok."smiled the petite blonde.

"Hm?"Itto's gaze turned to the silver gleam on Lumine's hand. "Wait is that an engagement ring on your finger Lumine-san?"

"Yep it is~"giggled Paimon.

"So who's the lucky one, eh~?"chuckled Itto. But it took even a moment to realize as he connected their behavior throughout their time together. "Wait, hold up, are you seriously both engaged to each other?"

"Yes."Lumine hummed in delight more then content to snuggle up into Xiao's arms. However that was also when the soldiers of the Tenryu Commission arrived before Itto and Takuya could get in a word. Swift to put both Itto and Takuya under arrest for what they both had done. one of them, Ishizaki turned towards the trio offering a polite bow.

"A greetings to you Guardian Sukaku, oh blessed winds of the south."he greeted. "and a greetings to you Traveler-sama." Itto looked very confused.

"Hello again Ishizaki."greeted Lumine.

"It is good to see out see you well but considering you three lend aid when you should have been apprehended the criminal bounties in question you're not out of the woods either."Xiao instantly growled stepping in to slowly ease Lumine behind him protectively. Hand poised to summon his spear if he needed. His actions and the sharp leer enough to send the soldiers on edge. 

"You so much as touch my intended, i will not be lienant with you."Xiao warned.

"Please, be at peace Sukaku-sama and allow me to finish."Ishizaki swiftly soothed. Xiao not moving from where he stood but eased his protective stance.

"Speak then."urged Xiao.

"However, given your special circumstances we will let you off with a warning."Ishizaki explained.

"Wait, special circumstances? Are you some kind of big shot or somethin' Lumine-san?"Itto ask.

"Very big shot."giggled Paimon. "We're guests of the Kamisato Clan and the shogun."

Itto could only stare in complete shock. which remained in effect as he was taken away. With Itto gone and this misadventure concluded the trio went on to go inform the situation to granny Oni before biddng farewell. However troubling sight soon caught their attention. The storm around Inazuma was inching closer to the nation of eternity. Had something happened to Ei?

To be Continued....