At least she did suspect me for anything.

Sighing, I stepped back and looked over my bedroom wall covered with all my art. The drawings of the places I'd hidden the bodies didn't feel right anymore, the police were getting closer to finding out who I was, and I didn't want them finding these.

Pulling off every single one, I place them into my empty trash can and grab my lighter out of my back pocket. Saying my final goodbye, I set one on fire, dropping it in with the others. I watch as the fire starts spreading wildly, leaving any trace of my drawings in the past.

I would have to fake it for the next couple of weeks at school, home, and anywhere I go. I cannot let anyone know that my feelings towards Justin's dead body were a thrill rather than a horror.

It was a dare.

Dare

Dare

Dare-

DING.

I broke out of the trance when I heard my phone go off.

Searching around for my phone, I finally found it under some of my blankets. Pulling it out, I glanced at whoever texted me.

Time: 11pm

Day: Next Friday

Place: The old warehouse that is just out of town.

I need you to fight. I know I told you that you were done, but I'm screwed without you. I got this new guy in, and he's pretty good, but no one is as good as you, L dog, please.

You have got to be kidding.

Signing, I reread the text that Benny, my old Fight coach sent me.

He wants me to fight again? After what happened last time? I don't think I can even step back into the creepy place.

My fighting days began the day I wandered into this abandoned warehouse. I was going for a long walk to try and clear my head, and I didn't realise that I had walked a lot further than I thought. Anyway, being a young adventurous 14-year-old, I found a way inside and looked around.

Benny found me when I was curled in a corner with a book in my lap, half-fallen asleep.

Benny was an unusual creature. He never lost a verbal or physical battle despite keeping his distance from people. He gave me the option to either run and never look back or to learn how to stand up for myself. Obviously, I chose the option to start fighting, and everything was going fantastic for a while.

Benny was somewhat my role model throughout the years. He was always there for me, and he never pushed me too hard unless I came late to practise. He always knew when I was down, and he helped me push through high school.

We stopped talking after a night of pure terror.

Just thinking about it makes my body want to crawl under a rock and never see the light of day again.

One night, around the middle of last year, I got asked to go to one of the world's largest underground fight clubs. At the time, my spirit was high, and I had an adrenaline rush right through the entire thing until the last fight.

Me and the one they now call Mabuz, which means the ruler of death.

Everything was going smoothly; every move either of us made was skilful and correct. I was on the brink of winning when he used an illegal move to finish me off. It put me in hospital for a week and a half. After that, I told Benny no more, and he agreed.

Obviously, he really needs me if he's asking me to come back, but I wonder why?

I reply I'll be there, and I turn my phone off, putting it on my side table. Shaking off my thoughts, I climb into bed and set my alarm for school tomorrow. Somehow for 8 hours, I'm going to have to pretend to be hysterical and forget that I was the one that killed him.

That mother fucker will be waiting in hell for me, and I'll gladly let him try to put up a fight.

___

Waking up the following day was a struggle. The rain that started pouring down last, was so loud that I simply could not fall asleep. Rolling myself off my bed, I landed flat on my stomach with a groan, knowing that was the only way I could get myself up.

Slowly standing up, I make my way over to my bathroom, tripping over some things on the floor. Closing the door behind me, I turn to look at myself in the mirror.

The under part of my eyes had become more prominent. They were dark bags with red slightly travelling along the under part of my eye, making me look like literal shit. Exhaling, I throw my hair into a high bun and turn the shower on.

After my shower, I brush my teeth and put my clothes on for the day. My outfit consisted of dark jeans, a long sleeve undershirt, and a crop top over that. I paired it with my Jordans.

Having the long sleeve on covered most of my tattoos, and I was grateful for that. No one at school knew that I had as many as I did, and if they did, they didn't comment about it.

Groggily, I grab everything I need for my day and walk downstairs to get breakfast. My head was already starting to pound, and I couldn't help but grab some panadol from the Kitchen cupboard. Taking out an apple and yoghurt from the fridge, I take small bites of both before tossing them away.

Grabbing my keys that were hanging up, I lock the front door and make my way to my car. My journey to school started when I turned on the song 'Mad Hatter' by Melanie Martinez and pulled out of the driveway.

After a couple of songs had passed, I pulled into the school and parked my car. Opening the door, I looked around, and I already saw people giving me sympathetic glances.

It was going to be a very long day.

***

Don't forget to vote if you liked my story x

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2022 ©
BADBITCHES804 ON WATTPAD