28 ➟ In which I pull and Ed Sheeran.

Start bij het begin

He did as I asked, taking his hand away from his nose and leaning against the counter, "So doc, what's the diagnosis?"

"Shut up or I won't help you," I threatened, pointing a finger at him.

Hawks put a finger to his lips and it was my turn to roll my eyes as I grabbed a tea towel from beside him and ran it under the cold tap for a few seconds before bringing it to his face and wiping away the blood.

"You need to stop sneaking up on people like that," I scolded him, running the towel under the water to get rid of the blood it had soaked up.

"Technically, I didn't sneak up on you this time," Hawks countered, his eyes following my movements as if he thought I was about to sock him around the face with my front door keys any moment now.

"Sure, "technically" but, "technically" you have your wings that can sense even the smallest of movements. I'll take half the blame for hitting you, but I think you should take the other half."

He stared at me, "What?"

"What do you mean what?" I stared back before going back in and trying to get the last bit of blood off his face.

"I mean, you were the one that hit me, not me."

I sighed, "Yeah, okay, fine, but I'm only agreeing with you because I feel bad."

"Because you punched me in the face with your keys."

"Yes!" I snapped, before quickly falling into a fit of laughter. I don't know why I had found it as funny as I had, but apparently, the whole situation really did tickle my funny bone. Taking a deep breath, I wiped the tears from my eyes as I looked up at Hawks, "Sorry, I just- it was just- I don't even know," I snickered once more, taking a breath in an attempt to prevent another unprovoked fit of laughter.

"So my pain's funny to you then?" Hawks squinted, a smirk playing on the side of his lips as he tried to appear serious.

"Apparently," I replied, grabbing a dry towel and drying of his face, "There we go, you're all cleaned up and I'm actually going to apologise this time, for real." I looked him dead in the eyes, keeping a straight face to show that I actually did care about his pain, "I'm sorry."

Hawks nodded slowly, "I'm going to give it a seven out of ten, you could improve your face."

"What's wrong with my face?" I protested.

He shrugged, "Can't quite put my finger on it."

My mouth fell open into an 'o' shape as I proceeded to throw the damp towel at him, laughing as it fell over his face. "You look like a low-budget Ingenium," I scoffed, jumping out of the way of the towel as it came hurling toward me and over the kitchen counter. "You can't throw for shit," I laughed, squealing as, this time, instead of towels, Hawks sent a few feathers my way. One just caught my sleeve, pinning my arm to the kitchen counter and half of me worried about the damage he'd just made and the other half worried about the fact that he'd actually caught me.

"Can't throw, but I can catch," He smirked, obviously proud of that one-liner.

I sighed, "Fine, release your feather and I won't shout at you for denting my counter."

He winced as he realised his feather had gone through the veneer of the countertop and pulled it out, releasing my arm along with it.

"Thank you," I smiled, "You know, Rin probably wants to give you a 'tour' as well as your fian-" I was silenced by a hand over my mouth.

Hawks shook his head, leaning close to my ear so that he could whisper, "still haven't proposed yet."

I tried to give him the best, 'wow, really?' look I could muster with only my eyes, and he seemed to understand, nodding.

"What are you two talking about?"

The two of us turned to see Lelija in the doorway, the same smile she wore when she came in, still on her face, "Something secret from the looks of it."

We pulled away from each other, the two of us laughing awkwardly as Lelija began to giggle.

"Don't worry, you guys don't have to tell me anything- unless he's going to propose," she laughed, "if so Y/n, I'm counting on you to tell me so I can look good for the surprise engagement photos."

"I mean, you always look good," I stopped, not registering that I had said that out loud until Rin coughed behind her.

"Awkward," he piped up, a smug grin on his face.

"Oh no, it's not awkward at all sweetie, if anything, that was actually really sweet of your mum to say!" it was her turn to stop this time, "Gosh, sorry, I forgot that you're not actually mother and son, you guys just look so cute together!"

"Don't worry about it," I breathed out, just thankful that we weren't going back to my Ed Sheeran moment there. If anything, 'Thinking out loud' was promoting awkward interactions, no thanks Ed, stay out of my thoughts. "Sooo, before I punched you in the face, what did you come over for?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Info dump," Hawks supplied, "The Comission wants one every day now."

"And I was nearby, so I decided to tag along!" Lelija smiled, walking over to Hawks and hooking her arm through his.

"Oh, cool, alright then, well, we do have more information actually," I nodded, "WE think we found more code and a way to decode it too, we just need your help-"

"Y/n got asked out to dinner," Rin said, walking into the kitchen and standing beside me.

Hawks smirked, "Hey Y/n, look at you, getting dates and it's only been a few days."

"Clover asked me," I said simply. It was enough to make Hawks stop smirking.

"Oh."

"Yeah," I sighed, "I really don't know what it's about either, but it's fancy and it's in... two hours and I still don't have anything to wear. I was going to go get something but then I-"

"Punched me in the face," Hawks provided.

Lelija let go of Hawks arm and grabbed mine, "Well then, you're coming with me."

"What? Why?" I asked, looking back at Rin and Hawks who just shrugged.

"To get you some fancy clothes silly. You were going to get some anyway, why not let me help?"

It wasn't like I had much of a choice, we were already at the door when Lelija shouted back to Hawks to take care of Rin whilst we were out.

"Be careful."

"Wait, what? Rin-"

Lelija squealed as the door shut behind us, "Let's make you look irresistible!"

"Uh, yay?"

"Uh, yay?"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.