12. Party Wrecker

Start from the beginning

End of flashback

Matteo sniffled as he looked at his hands, he then put his hands close to him hugging himself. "(I love you Bubby and sissy..)" he said quietly before he then heard the door open. Matteo quickly wiped his tears away and just stayed curled up in the corner of the cell, he watched as Natasha come in the cell with a tray of food.

As she looked around she seen Matteo in the corner of the room, she did a little sad sigh before she walked over and put his food tray on the bed. She then sat down on the bed "hey come here little guy." She said as she patted the bed. Matteo sniffled and got up slowly going over to the bed, as he got on the bed next to Natasha he looked down at his hands.

Nat looked down at the sad boy, she felt bad for him. She didn't want this little boy to be trapped down in a cell for who knows how much longer. She wanted him to be happy and not be trapped in a small cell for much longer. The small talks they had about his life she felt bad for him. All he ever knew was the cell life, she found that out by the talks and by how she asked him questions about how his life was with his family. She noticed how he would always stubble over words and try to remember but never could. She felt really bad, it reminded her of how she spent all her life training in the red room. Matteo's life started out good but it all crumbled down, she wanted him to be happy and be a normal kid. She felt bad that he has to deal with a lot of trauma and bad things going on in his life at such a small age. Kids like him should be out with other kids playing and enjoying their childhood. Not fighting and training.

Nat slowly put her arm around Matteo and tried to make him feel better. Matteo tensed up a bit before he slowly calmed down, right when he was mellowed down he looked up at Nat with his puffy eyes. Nat smiled down at him before she rubbed the side of his arm "it will be ok. I promise kid." She said before she then ruffled the top of his head.

Matteo did a little smile before he looked down at the food tray that was on the bed with them. "O-otay.." he said quietly before he then slowly picked up a piece of toast. Nat smiled at him before she got up to go leave. Matteo watched as she was walking towards the cell door "w-wait!.." he called out. Nat stopped and looked over at him "yea kid?" She responded. "U-Um.. w-will you be back?..I-it gets lonely.." he said as he then looked down before he looked up back at Nat. She gave him a little smile before she nodded "yes I'll be back kid. Don't worry." She said before leaving. Matteo smiled a bit before he went ahead and started to eat his eggs and bacon breakfast.

8 hours later

Matteo was laying upside down on the bed with his head hanging off the bed. "(Jarvis?)" Matteo called out. "(Yes Young One?)" the AI responded. "(When will Nat be back down?..)" Matteo asked as he then sighed. "(Now I have no idea. Would you like me to call for her?)" Jarvis asked. Matteo thought for a moment before he felt his stomach start to grumble. "(Y-yeah. Please? I'm h-hungry..)" Matteo said in a sad pity voice. "(Ok I will have Ms. Romanoff bring you down your late lunch.)" the AI said. Matteo did a little smile before he did a small sigh "(thank you Jarvis..)" Matteo said as he then closed his eyes.

As Matteo waited he had a short little 5 minute nap while having his head hang off the bed. Surprisingly his little power nap didn't make him end up having a nightmare. The only thing that ended up happening was him falling off the bed to Natasha coming in the cell with his food. As he fell of the bed he woke up and whined.

"Woah there! Are you ok bud?" She asked as she walked over to set the food down on a small stool in the room. Matteo did a whine before he yawned and looked at Nat with his tired eyes "S-Sorry for b-bothering you N-Nat.." he said as he then rubbed the back of his head. Nat sighed before she helped him up "it's ok. But are you ok? That was a pretty hard fall. And have you been getting enough sleep? You look really tired." She said as she set him on the bed. Matteo shook his head sadly "nightmares s-suck..and I miss my bubby and sissy.." Matteo said sadly before he looked down at his hands. Nat sighed, she then went over and put the food tray on the bed next to him. "Well you better eat up. I'll be back later ok bud? And get some rest ok? If you need anything else just have Jarvis call for me again ok kid?" She said as she then rubbed the top of his head.

Matteo looked up at her and nodded "o-otay..I will..thank you.." he said softly before he then gave her a weak tired smile. Nat smiled at him before she went and left the cell leaving Matteo yet again alone. Matteo did a little sigh before he went ahead and just started to eat up his food that she brought for him.

Time skip

Matteo was on the bed all curled up asleep on the bed. He was cuddling one of the small blankets while he had another blanket act as if he was getting hugged. He seemed to be having a pretty good dream besides the fact that it was just dreamless. Right as Matteo was getting some good sleep he woke up to a door opening. Matteo woke up slightly before he sat up rubbing his eyes. He looked around and saw a figure in the room, he tilted his head a bit before he seen the figure now break the glass on his cell.

Matteo jumped up and screamed a bit before he trembled. Right as he looked at the glass all over the floor he looked at now a beaten up iron robot. The eyes of the robot where blue and it spoke out "Ah. Well hello Matteo." The robot said. "W-what do you want from m-me.." he said as held his hands up for defense. "Oh nothing. I just came here to help you get to your siblings. Only if you help me." It said in a creepy voice that made Matteo's stomach turn. "N-no!..Nat said she will help me g-get to them!..you l-leave me alone!.." Matteo said as he stood up from the bed. "Aw. And I though you wanted to help your siblings. Suit yourself." The robot said as it then went and attacked Matteo.

Matteo's eyes widened before he used his magic to stop the robot back in place, as he did that he used his white wisps to destroy the bot. As he did that he trembled, he then looked down at his hands then the destroyed robot. All of the sudden Matteo heard a lot of destruction and rumbling from a couple of floors up. Matteo knew it wasn't good, he didn't want to leave the cell but he wanted to help. He took a deep breath before he ran through the open glass window and ran up to go find his way to go help out.

Right as Matteo made his way up to the flor where all the Avengers where fighting he stopped and watched. As he watched everyone fight he noticed how Dr. Cho was hiding and a bit coming close to her. Matteo didn't think twice before he ran straight towards the bot to go and use his magic to destroy it. As he did that he did a huff and looked at Dr. Cho who was staring at him. Matteo looked at her before he felt himself get thrown through a glass wall. Right when he fell he grunted and coughed, he then looked up and seen a robot about to attack him. Right before it blasted him he used his last but of strength to blast the bot into pieces.

As he laid there on the ground he felt the warm liquid of his blood start to trickle down the side of his face and in the palms of his hands. Matteo teared up before he sat up in pain, right when he sat up he was met with all the Avengers surrounding him. Matteo teared up before he trembled looking at them all "p-please..don't hurt me.." he said quietly before he felt himself get picked up by someone.

Matteo looked at who picked him up and seen Nat, she had a worried look on her face. "Hey we won't hurt you. But are you ok?" She asked as she looked at the scared little boy. Matteo shook his head as he felt the pain of glass shards in his feet and palms, along with a cut that will leave a scar on the side of his face. "Well let's get him cleaned up. He saved my life. There no way he could be influenced by hydra." Dr. Cho said as she walked over to go take Matteo out of Nat's arms. Tony had a disappointing look on his face before he finally gave in "Fine. He doesn't have to be in a cell anymore. He proved his judgement. After everything dies down Nat you guy and bring him up with you." Tony said as he left the room to the lab where everyone followed him. Nat smiled a little before she followed behind them.