2.7

new york city

"What am I to you!" He hollered, hurt and confused as to why he was being traded like meat at the market.

"Because you deserved better than being under their control, you idiot." She rolled her eyes, "You were losing out more than half of what you were making!"

"At least then I knew what I was doing, what the fuck am I meant to do now?!"

"Everything as usual, if anything you'll be doing less work than you were doing beforehand." She explained, pulling out a folder of paperwork from her purse, "I know your training's been cleared today, so take this and read it."

"What?" He needed more than that, was he being dumb or she was being bitchy?

"Now, if you don't mind, I have a plane to catch to New York, any questions you have you can ask Chase, im sure bell be more than happy to assist you." She excused herself, leaving for her room.

As soon as she and Chase arrived at the hotel, JJ had stopped her in front of the lobby furious as to how he had been treated at the meeting and wanted an explanation. Hoda had sent Chase up not wanting to get him involved knowing he could get very defensive over her.

"Whatever." He muttered snatching the papers out of her hands and walking out of the hotel, hed catch a van to the gym and look things over with Viddal.

~~~

"I still can't believe you met Hoda." Viddal had taken the paper out of JJs hands and had begun skimming through the paper, "she used to be my favourite student. Ber boxing was exceptional."

"What do you mean?"

"Whenever she spared with anyone she could easily beat them, but bless her heart, she never would, she would always feel too bad to hurt anyone."

"Oh, what happened then?"

"After her parents died in a car crash, she was traumatised, she and Chase moved away a week after the accident to some posh private school and we didn't stay in contact." He explained, "im glad she's doing well, she deserves it, she's been through so much."

JJ sat listening to what Viddal had said with an open mouth, not realising that she had been through so much, his outlook on her changed dramatically within the moments Viddal had been talking. Maybe, she wasn't as cold-hearted as he had thought, just like him, she was left betrayed by the world. The cruel universe made her an adult before she even had the time to be a child.

"Do you think I can get to New York by tomorrow?" JJ asked, "I promised her a date and I want it to be in New York."

"It isn't my job to catch you plane rides." Viddal rolled his eyes but none the less he gave JJ back the papers and picked up his phone, checking google to find the quickest plane ride to New York.

"Look there's one for today." Viddal flipped his phone to face JJ, showing him the plane ticket for today.

"Fine by me." He nodded, "When can I leave?"

"In three hours."

~~~

Hoda had arrived at the hotel almost two hours later, she stepped out of her car as the hotels' staff came to collect her luggage. She had crossed this trip to new york as a personal trip, therefore there was no point in telling Chase to come with her and she was sure that Chase enjoyed it more by the coast in California LA than the business of New York City.

Plus she had a few personal meetings.

She walked up to the desk and stood by the register waiting for the receptionist's attention.

"How may I help you, ma'am?"

"I have a reservation under the initials HN." She said to the woman, who nodded and clicked onto the computer in front of her.

"Miss Hoda Noor, reserved under the name Lights and Style?"

"Precisely." Hoda nodded.

"The staff will take your luggage to room 72 floor 7."

"Thank you."

She wanted to surprise Harry, booking out the room next to him, they had plans to rearrange his touring schedule, to the release of his album, which had taken longer than expected because he was busy filming.

Hoping that he is in his hotel room she knocked on room 71. That was next door to hers.

She knocked and covered the peephole.

"Who is it?" He asked his voice groggy and rough, clearly having just woken up.

He waited for a reply but didn't receive one until he opened the door, a little bit, only enough to fit a single eye through the slit of the door. After catching sight of her the door immediately flew open and she was engulfed in his warm large arms.

"Surprise!"

"Hoda!" He hollered, picking her off the grounds and spinning her around.

"Harold Edward Styles, put me down right this instant!" She scolded him playfully, her face full of laughter as her grin lit up the hallway.

"Yes ma'am!" He rolled his eyes playfully putting her down with a hug, "when did you get here?"

"I told you id visit." She jokes.

"I hate you."

"There is a long list of people, im afraid you're going to have to get in line."

"All jokes aside, im glad you're here." He shook his head at her sarcasm.

"So am I, let me go get changed and freshen up, then we can go get breakfast and talk."

"I'll meet you here in an hour thirty." He promised her.

"See you then." She poked his dimple once before disappearing into her room as he was left outside, still astounded that she had come to surprise him.

A lot had happened in the few weeks that they had spent apart. And even more was about to happen, soon. Sooner than they would have thought.

Written: 12/12/2021
Published: 12/12/2021

(A/N: a juicy few chapters coming your way starting tomorrow hehe)