Chapter Ten

"Courtney, I understand how you're feeling, I'm not particularly happy they kept this from us either." Dinah said the next day as she talked on the phone with Courtney.

"But if they had told us, it would have helped. Yolonda wouldn't have felt so alone if she knew she wasn't the first member of the JSA to kill. Rick wouldn't be in jail either."

"We don't know for sure that wouldn't have happened. I mean maybe Yolonda would've felt a little better but Rick going to jail was because of Eclipso and what he made Rick see. Eclipso is so good at making illusions that it's impossible to tell what's real and what's not unless you have someone right there that can snap you out of it."

"I guess." Courtney replied with a sigh. "I just wish they would've told us the truth instead of lying to us."

"Me too. But there's nothing we can do about it now. What's done is done and we're just going to have to keep moving forward and try to find another solution."

"Pat has an idea. We're going to Civic City to find Jennie now."

"Tell her I said hi."

"I will."

After Dinah hung up, she grabbed her things and headed over to the jail.

Dinah sat at the table as Rick appeared on the other side of the glass. They both picked up the phones and Rick started talking.

"What are you doing here Di?"

"I came to see you and see how you were doing."

"Why?"

"Because I pinkie promised this boy years ago that I wouldn't leave him and I broke that promise. So I made a new promise with him years later that I wouldn't leave him again and I don't intend to break it again." Dinah said with a small smile as she held her pinkie up to the glass.

Rick chuckled. "It's, uh, it's been tough. I still can't believe I did what I did Di." He said somberly.

"You didn't know Rick. You couldn't have known. Eclipso is just so powerful and will make you think what you're seeing is real."

"Yeah well I can't really explain that to the cops."

Dinah was quiet for a moment. "Actually, I have an idea. I haven't told anyone this yet but I've been thinking how we could get you out and my idea could work."

"What's your idea?"

"We tell the cops about me and what I can do."

"No," Rick said as he cut Dinah off. "Absolutely not."

"Just let me finish. We tell them and say that Eclipso was targeting my loved ones to get to me and so he went after you."

"Dinah, I'm not going to let you do that."

"Well what else are we going to do?"

"I don't know but I'm not going to let you reveal yourself just so I can get out."

"Fine. I guess I'll put that idea on the back burner."

"How about you chuck it out the window?"

Dinah gave Rick a glare when suddenly her phone went off.

"Hello? What? Yeah, I'll be over there in a few minutes."

Dinah turned back to look at Rick, tears welling up in her eyes. "I have to go. Courtney and Pat went to go find Jennie and apparently Eclipso showed up. Whatever he did to Cindy, he did the same thing to Courtney. She's gone."