121: Little Majesty 12

Start from the beginning

Zong Yan was in awe.

Even if the Silver Key was burning in the palm of his hand right now, guiding Zong Yan to leave this world, Zong Yan's instincts as a student refused to let him leave the exam room by handing in a blank answer sheet.

What was in front of him right now was a math exam.

Usually the Chinese test was held on the morning of the first day of the college entrance exam, and the math test was in the afternoon. On the second day, the comprehensive test was in the morning with English in the afternoon.

Although he didn't know the exact test procedures or regulations for the Jiangsu version, he knew that when the math test ended, the exam room door would open. Zong Yan might as well finish the math test. There would be time to find his way back afterwards.

'I'm already here. Whatever. The Astrologer card will help, so why not try the Jiangsu version.'

As he thought this, he settled down, picked up a 2B pencil, and began to fill out the answer sheet.

Although the Astrologer card could point to the answers for multiple choice questions, it couldn't help with the fill-in-the-blank questions and hand-written questions that followed, right?

Zong Yan soon discovered he was wrong.

The Astrologer was a persona card that calculated fate. The card didn't give Zong Yan any actual superpowers, but it boosted his brain into overdrive. Complemented by a star chart that updated in real time, he determined the trajectory of the stars like a super CPU, computing faster than any computer AI. Using the incredibly complex, ancient, and mysterious astrological formulas of the universe, he arrived at answers that revealed what was to come.

It was equivalent to increasing Zong Yan's brain capacity several times.

What did that mean?

It meant that when Zong Yan came to the final multi-part math question, his mind took a fraction of a second to solve all three sub-questions point by point.

How difficult could the college entrance exam paper be compared to calculating destiny? Forget about the college entrance exam, Zong Yan could use the Astrologer card to participate in the IMO. A gold medal perfect score would be absolutely no problem. To exaggerate a little more, as long as it gave him the formulas and smoothed out the logical sequence of steps, he could solve every mathematics and physics problem in the history of humankind in short order.

The Astrologer daily disposable persona card absolutely slayed in the exam room.

The proctor reached the back of the classroom and looked down to straighten her clothes. At that point, the sound of a beep came over the loudspeaker.

"Examinees, please note there are now fifteen minutes left until the end of the exam. Please fill in your answer sheet as soon as possible before the time is up."

The moment the tone ended, there was a burst of tension on the faces of the examinees. The sound of 2B pencils scribbling and pens scratching on test paper grew much louder.

This test was the end result of the painstaking efforts of the examinees. So many years of hard work and study had gone into getting the highest possible score, all in order to be able to attend the school of their dreams. No one dared to be careless.

Among all the rustling sounds, Zong Yan stopped writing. He instinctively stretched out in his seat, a movement which appeared quite abrupt.

The proctor remembered this handsome-looking examinee, so she walked over again and rapped on the desk with her knuckles. "Check it over carefully. Don't do anything unrelated to the exam in your exam seat in the exam room."