22: The Night Watchman 05

The feeling of being swallowed by shadows was amazing as well as strange. Edward held his breath at the moment the darkness leapt up around him, expecting to be engulfed by cold. But when the shadows washed over him and melted away, he felt like he'd passed through a layer of warm water, incredibly gentle and soft.

"That ability is incredible!" Edward turned his head and asked, "Where are we going now?"

His face glowed with excitement and elation. His previous depression had been swept away.

"First we'll go find Wang KeMing."

They couldn't leave their teammate behind. If Ithaqua's target was the three of them, they couldn't abandon Wang KeMing or he'd be in serious trouble.

At the same time, Wang KeMing had just finished washing up and was about to go to bed with his phone beside him.

"As expected of Buckingham Palace. What a bed, tut tut."

Before turning in, he couldn't resist temptation, so he edited the video he'd made while entering Buckingham Palace and posted it to his circle of friends.

Young Master Wang might not have done much to distinguish himself since childhood, but he had an extensive contact list filled with cronies. Not long after he posted his update, it already had a dozen red hearts.

His little psychological desire to show off was instantly satisfied—hehe, hehe—so he tucked his phone under his pillow and was about to close his eyes, when suddenly, two elongated shadows fell across the bed curtain.

"Ah—!" Wang KeMing let out a scream like a dying pig.

"Stop howling. It's us." Zong Yan opened the bed curtain, but the next second his expression grew subtle. He swished it closed again. "You like to sleep naked?"

"I, I, I... You, you, you..." Wang KeMing was stunned by Zong Yan's new appearance. "Hell, it's only been half an hour, Yan Ge. You already have a new look?"

"Don't worry about that. Hurry up and get dressed."

Zong Yan gingerly picked up some clothes that were off to the side and tossed them in. "What a brave heart. The temperature's below zero but you still want to sleep. Didn't you see the emergency message on the app? What happened to your investigator's insight? Do you even want to graduate from MU?

"Are you going to go talk to your father?"

When Wang KeMing was changing, Zong Yan looked over at Edward.

The little prince lowered his eyes with surprising indifference. "There's no need."

As he said this, Edward actually smiled, but this time his smile didn't contain any of its previous sincerity. Instead it was like a concealed grimace, with a trace of anger hidden in his eyes.

As Zong Yan was about to speak, a violent gust of wind roared against the window.

The wind brought snow mixed with hail, and it smashed through the glass. The heavy curtains were torn and danced wildly in the gale.

"Yan Ge, what... what's going on?"

Wang KeMing hurriedly put on some clothes and rolled out of bed in disarray. He was already shivering from the cold, but he remembered to pick up the school bag beside him.

"I'll tell you later. Let's go."

Zong Yan didn't have time to explain. He lifted the tip of the umbrella. The little fat man watched in horror as the flowing shadows engulfed them, but in the end, he trusted Zong Yan enough to choke back a cry of alarm.