Contracts and Stars

A mix between several concepts and some prompts from TikTok.

https://www.tiktok.com/@x.writingprompts/video/7036856616334953733?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id7034709989692556805

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ᚼᛅᛁᚴᛁᚱᛁᛅᛅᚾ is the ruler of Limbo; well it's really the entirety of where souls who haven't chosen yet stay for the time being or the "crossroads", he's t he gatekeeper and protector of Limbo and head of  the Lost Soul's department.

ᚼᛅᛁᚴᛁᚱᛁᛅᛅᚾ, Rumioneen, or Meilo never leaves his office; if he does it's a bad thing as he has multiple ways of leaving his office other than the front door, its like a bad omen if he comes out of his front door like a normal soul.

Meilo doesn't like messing with the mortal realm all that much; in all honesty he hates grossing the bridge as it goes against his morals and philosophies as he's seen what happens when gods do and that always causes some disasters and deaths which increase his work load and hates interacting with the humans but every so often he gets hand written favors from humans. It was a system he implemented thousands of years back entailing of a ritual to call upon the "god of Limbo", they would ask for something that he would do and they owed him a favor. He had every right to either accept or deny a ritual and being denied or accepted is determined on the color of the fame on the metallic black candle on top of the ritual paper burns a bright purple or blood red, if denied it burns like any other fire, yellow or a very dull orange.

Though when someone calls upon the ritual its usually because he is their last option as the favors can be anything as in a literal favor of him asking them to do something or a major price to pay but they can always be called upon anytime; dead or alive. Preferably the alter for the ritual is done on a flat surface covered in moss or other flowers with crushed shell powder in the form of a star with five pure white candle at each point and one singular metallic black candle in the center with a piece of ritual paper underneath with what they want done with in each negative space being and object of value while pouring energy into the spell though there are easier ways of doing this.

So when a young boy; only the age of 6 had called upon him he was surprised; the boy was calling upon a friend, someone to talk to since his entire family had been killed and taken to the afterlife by Lady Death. Meilo had briefly met the newly dead souls and had listened to them when they mentioned they had a young child at the age of 5 just about 6 and just a month later the child had called upon him and he didn't even know how.

Meilo hates humans but his soul had attached its self to the young boy and so he accepted. The more time Meilo spent with the boy the stronger their pact grew and this is how he came across his first Familes Vemaris with the constellation of Leo the lion on his forearm. The boy was 67 when he died of a lung disease and that's when they were finally able to formally meet and that was the first time anyone saw him run out of his office with a small smile on his face.

The boy's name was Thomas Innit-Innes Rover born XX09 and died XX76 on December the first XX76. Meilo acted as an older sibling to Thomas and even Lady Death informally adopted him after his parents had decided to stay dead and moved onto the heavens where they belonged while Tommy went back and forth between Meilo's and Lady Death's home. And when Thomas' soul reached the age of 239 he asked Meilo if he could be reincarnated and Meilo obliged as his favor to Thomas was that he "live" a happy and healthy life regardless of where he was and call upon him when needed.

But Thomas wasn't the only mortal he grew attached to.

The 2nd mortal was a musician who also wanted a friend to accompany him on his journeys until he found a place to stay; this man's name was William Noelle Goldenflower.