Chapter Twenty: Freedom

A few days past without running into her abuser, Ubbe and Winifred were soon fully packed for the journey to East Anglia. She would be in a separate ship from Bjarke and anyone in allegiance with him.

Aelflaed was none the wiser. She continued her life as normal while Winifred was a nervouswreck. But she felt less scared with Ubbe nearby.

To give Winifred a break from her child's incessant questioning like asking why the water was blue or why birds fly, Ivar took her under his wing. In retrospect, it was probably not a great idea. Aelflaed was allowed to hold a knife and help Ivar widdle wood. In Ivar's defense, the knife was very dull and hardly dented the wood, but Aelflaed felt helpful and it kept her busy.

Ivar answered all her annoying questions with answers that the gods made it that way. The Gods created the blue water from the blood of the frost giant Ymir. Birds could fly so the Gods always had seeing eyes. They were also to feed humans and gods alike and guide them when needed.

"Why do you need helping sticks?" Aelflaed asked, tilting her head to the side.

If anyone else asked this question, Ivar would have killed them. But he could tell she didn't mean to offend him. She was only three and was learning about the world.

"Because my parents didn't listen to the gods." He gestured to himself. "This was their punishment. But it was also my challenge to overcome and become the most famous Viking in history. It made me work hard to be great."

"Will I need helping sticks when I'm older?"

"No, probably not until you're so old."

"How old is old?"

"If you're lucky, forty or fifty." Ivar answered.

"Is that long?"

Ivar shrugged his shoulders. "Depends on how old you are right now. To you, it is long, but to me, it is not."

"Is mama old?"

Ivar snorted. "A woman is never old."

On the other side of the ship were Winifred and Ubbe. They both needed to take their minds off all the stressors around them.

He hovered on top of her as he gave deep thrusts. Winifred's arms were wrapped around his neck and he legs around his hips. He panted heavily in her ear as the sweat on his forehead dripped onto the fur bedroll.

She dug her nails into his shoulder blades as she raised her hips off the ground, feeling his cock stroke the sensative spot deep inside her.

Her mouth hung open as she struggled to keep her moans quiet. She didn't need everyone outside their tent knowing she was having sex.

Ubbe was less subtle, letting out animalistic grunts and growls. He gripped her hips as he slammed himself deep inside her.

He felt the tension in his stomach snap and he spilled his seed. His cock twitched as he was coming down from his orgasm.

He held himself in place as he softened inside her. She laid below him, panting.

Ubbe grinned and leaned down to give her a chaste kiss. He sighed as he laid down beside her. He tucked his arm under his head. He couldn't help but grin like a fool.

Winifred was the first to sit up and grab a rag to wipe up her thighs. "You need to get dressed before Aelflaed comes running in."

"Ivar is keeping her busy." He shrugged.

"She's a toddler, Ubbe. She's easily bored." Winifred pointed out. She grabbed her underdress and put it on while Ubbe watched her do so. When her shift was on, she wiped the sweat from her brow and looked down at him. "What will happen when we land?"