27;; Clinging, hanging, wishing

Start from the beginning

But when Konon took the telescope back inside, Jake scrunched his nose at his stupid retorts and shut him up but tackled him with kisses. Riki didn't complain and instead smiled against his lips, sniggering to himself when Jake quickly pulled away.

They watched the nights dwindle down and Jake tried to stay up longer just so Riki could have more time with his sister, chasing down each second so that the week could last even a second longer. But what he truly appreciate was that even after Konon and Yoo Mi would go home, Jake would still let him rest against his shoulder and stay up all night with him.

While Yoo Mi and Konon were sleeping, they would sit in front of the fan in their pyjamas, speaking into the fan and laughing silently whenever their eyes met, Jake always pressing his cupped hand against his mouth to stop him from waking up his sister and her best friend.

And when they were messing around in his back garden, taking their ice creams outside as they ran around in the grass. Sometimes Riki would make fun of Jake taking ages to finish his ice cream, the older quickly scaring down his ice cream to cut the younger's retorts short with a kiss, a cluster of giggles ringing around Jake's ears.

The warmth of the golden sun filtering down their skin with a shimmer, squinting at the light as they smile foolishly at each other, too tired to play any more football. He tugged him onto the grass, bursting out into a fit of giggles which slowly died down as they started at each with gentle whispers, fingers slowly curling into each other.

Riki always found himself forgetting about the past or future around him, the present filled with all the heart-shaped smiles and sweet chortles to let him take a moment for granted. He could stop himself from admiring Jake's voice and how it lulled his worries away – and how his playful retorts were only shared between the two of them.

Just the two of them.

"Can you write me an epilogue?" Riki chuckled, resting his head on the olders shoulder as his eyes scan the pages Jake was reading again.

It was Sunday, the last day of the week – the day Konon and Yoo Mi would have to leave – by Monday morning, they would be gone.

They had just helped Konon and Yoo Mi pack for the cab in the morning, ready to get going as soon as dawn hit. Riki was so torn. Part of him wanted to be selfish, wanted to cling onto his sister and cry about his pain to Jake when she left and all the pain that rose with her leaving – just like his father. It was only an hour's drive, but it felt like a mile a day away.

The other part of him wanted to stay strong just as Jake did when they left Eun's house, still cuddling the night after and whispering sweet nothings into the older ears but even so, Jake smiled. He tried to smile just so that he wouldn't worry and was a deed that not even the worst sin could destroy.

When Riki looked at the clock strike twelve, he pulled himself together to send Konon and Yoo Mi home with a smile, and to make sure Jake wouldn't worry. His heart stung when he felt the older pull him closer, leaning into his touches as the fan cancelled out the silence.

And now all he was thinking about was trying to make his everything his boyfriend.

They were reading 'The Fault in Our Stars,' which Jake insisted on reading to Riki when he realised he'd never read it, and he supposed even if they were each other's everything, there was still more to discover about Riki even though he was glad he could see most of the painting already.

What was even more precious than witnessing his beautiful colours painting his unfished canvas, he was glad he was one of the painters in Riki's masterpiece. He just wasn't sure what colours his hands were stained with.