Ch 5: Awakening

THE 4TH TRIAD

ARC II: THE WANDERER

Clover Kingdom: Forsaken Realm

Asta heard a sound from behind him. He immediately got up and prepared himself for the worst. Ever since he ran away, he has been chased by magic knights almost every day. So, he had to be ready for anything. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

A figure came out of its hiding spot, walking towards him. "Hehe. You caught me, I'm amazed."

"Huh? A girl?"

Asta could only stare. "Are you just going to stare at me like that? You're creeping me out already."

"Huh? Wha..? Wait, who the heck are you?" Asta, for his part, was.... confused? He was still trying to cope with the recent happenings in his life plus he had magic knights on his tail. Now he has to deal with some strange girl.

"I'm Anna. Annabelle Lee."

Chapter 5: Awakening

Heart Kingdom: Castle

Shinji Gila, the young noble and heir to the powerful House Gila of Clover, and Hiro Saiba, son of a mid-level Noble of Clover, are seen walking down the long corridor of the West Wing of the Heart Kingdom's palace.

"Shinji, you've been quiet for some time now. Care to share your thoughts?" Hiro asked his companion and long time best friend. "Nothing. It's just-"

"Shinji! Hiro! There you are!" A red-headed young man called out, rather loudly, to the two nobles. "I've been looking all over for you. So, you've heard, huh?" He continued.

"Yes, Keigo. We're on our way to see Queen Loropechka." Hiro answered for the duo.

Keigo Lance was the second son of the House of Lance, another mid-level Noble family of the Clover kingdom. He, along with Shinji Gila and Hiro Saiba, was selected for the Inter-kingdom Exchange Programme between the Clover Kingdom and the Heart Kingdom.

"I wonder why we're being summoned. They didn't need us when Clover was attacked by that organization anyway."

"Attack? What are you talking about, Keigo?" Shinji asked, taken aback by the new information he just received. "You were away when the news came. A terrorist organisation, known as the Eye of the Midnight Sun recently attacked our kingdom. I didn't get the whole details though, that's how much I know. The situation is now under control." Hiro explained to his friend.

"That's what happens when you're stuck in the library reading all day. You never know what's going on outside." Keigo smirked. "Say, I also heard that Lord Sugo is on his way to Clover as well. My guess is, something big happened. And it happened after the Eye of the Midnight Sun incident."

"Whatever it is, we'll know when we get there. For now, we need to speak to the queen then we leave." With what Shinji said, their conversation ended as they walked towards the Queen's throne room.

Clover Kingdom: Castle

Acier Silva is the Ruler and Lady of the Royal House of Silva, wife of Lord Sugo Sigara-Silva and mother of Captain Nozel Silva of the Silver Eagles, 2nd Class Senior Magic Knight, Nebra Silva, 3rd Class Senior Magic Knight, Solid Silva and Noelle Silva, 2nd Class Intermediate Magic knight of the Black Bulls.

Sixteen years before the current events taking place, Acier was on a mission to investigate a plague happening in the outskirts of the Forsaken Realm. However, her investigation led her to cross paths with Vanica Zogratis from the Spade kingdom.

The encounter left her to be cursed by Megicula, a high ranking demon from the underworld and Vanica's devil. Shortly after she gave birth to Noelle, Acier fell into a long term comatose state and was moved to the basement of the Clover Kingdom royal castle. Rather than informing the general public about her condition, she was declared dead in order not to preserve false hope.

And now, she had finally woken up from her slumber (still cursed).

Acier was struggling to make sense of her environment. She had already established that she was in a room. A dark one, or rather, a poorly lit room. A healing jelly was attached to her hands and neck, which she guessed must have helped preserve her.

While looking around, the door to the room suddenly opened. In a forceful manner at that.

"Acier!!" Sugo exclaimed as soon as he barged into the room. He looked and saw her and he then proceeded towards her bed.

"Acier, my dear."

"....." She gave no reply. The King and Damnatio soon came, followed by Theo Akatsuki, the doctor assigned to monitor her. "Acier. Glad to see you're awake." Sugo said nothing as he held his wife's hand.

Acier simply looked at them, not saying anything. "Doctor, what's going on? Why isn't she saying anything?"

"She's catatonic. She's not completely awake yet."

Clover Kingdom: Forsaken Realm

"Anna......belle!?" Asta said.

"Annabelle? Huh?" She simply facepalmed. "You're the dense type, aren't you?" She voiced. "Sorry, it's just...."

"I get it. I'm a total stranger. You're not good at handling meeting one. I totally understand." Anna said.

"Hold up. It's not that"

"It's what then, Mr Huh."

"Mr Huh?" Now Asta was genuinely confused. "What? You haven't told me your name and, you said 'Huh' more times than necessary."

"You're weird."

"And you aren't?"

"Nope"

She facepalmed again. This is getting nowhere. "As I said, I'm Annabelle Lee. You are?"

"Asta." He replied. "Asta. Asta what?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Just Asta."

"Huh?"

Oh, this will be quite confusing.

~*~*~

Next time: Silver Reunion