Ch 4: Silence

THE 4TH TRIAD

~*~*~

"Silence. I was once told it means quiet, the absence of sound, noise or anything related to what we hear. For me, however, silence meant the absence of friends, family, comrades. The absence of the ordinary."

Spade Kingdom ~ Castle

"Dante-nii. I'm soooo bored." Vanica Zogratis whined to her elder brother. "Shut it already." Zenon Zogratis said in a warning tone, pissed off by his sister's constant whining and complaining.

"Now now, Zenon. Vanica's just being that way because she hasn't had anything doing these past few weeks." Their elder brother, Dante Zogratis, spoke. "And who's fault is that?"

Zenon decided not to say anything to counter his sister's rather unnecessary (to him) comment. "Well, if you're bored, then go check on our recruits. See if anyone is worth your time." Dante suggested for her.

"Tch. Fine, it's not like there's anything better to do." She said before walking out of the room.

"I'll never understand that girl." Dante said, shaking his head. Zenon stared at the door his sister walked through and spoke. "I don't even want to."

"Uh, Dante." Zenon started as he looked at his brother. "You do realise that it isn't that the of the year when we have recruits, right?"

"Oh, dear!"

"DANTE!!!!"

Chapter 4: Silence

Clover kingdom ~ Forsaken Realm

Asta is seen wandering through the forest, alone like he has been for almost a week now. The young rogue magic knight had been like this for days.

He was thinking of what to do next, but nothing came to mind. He was thinking 9f where to go, but nowhere came to mind. Hage? The village would be crawling with magic knights looking for him.

He sat on a nearby rock, observing his surroundings. The forest wasn't too thick, but it was a haven for the young knight.

It was nighttime already, and all he could hear was nothing. No sound. Just silence. The same sound he had be hearing for days. The sound of silence.

Asta began reflecting on his journey so far as a Clover Magic Knight. From the entrance exam to joining the Black Bulls. To his first mission, the eye of the midnight sun and the recent battle. He had fought so hard. For a boy born without magic, he had come a long way

*Snap*

Asta heard a sound from behind him. He immediately got up and prepared himself for the worst. Ever since he ran away, he has been chased by magic knights almost every day. So, he had to be ready for anything. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

A figure came out of its hiding spot, walking towards him. "Hehe. You caught me, I'm amazed."

"Huh? A girl?"

Asta could only stare.

Clover kingdom ~ Magic knight headquarters

"Any updates?"

"None at the moment sir." Marx replied the wizard king. "The search has been intensified over the last few days. The King and the parliament don't seem to want to let this go."

"I'm sure Asta will be able to run away from them. What I'm worried about is how he's going to survive this." Julius said, not feeling happy with the current situation.

"He'll be fine. He's Asta after all."

Just as Marx had said this, the doors to the office burst open. "Lord Julius, you need to see this quickly!"