Ch 1: Aftermath

THE 4TH TRIAD

~*~*~

On top of a hill, stood two people, staring into the night sky and enjoying the view together.

"Who would have thought that we would get to this point?" 

"I know right. Still feels like a dream, all that happened I mean."

"We fought many battles and you nearly died as many times as you fight."

"I know right. Still feels like a dream."

"And you? The magicless boy who dreamt of becoming the wizard king is only one step away from achieving that dream."

"I know right. Still feels like a dream."

"And us."

"I know right. Still feels like a-"

"Complete that and you will feel pain, Asta."

"Why must you be mean to me all the time, Noelle?" Asta spoke, looking at her this time.

"Why must you be stupid all the time, Stupidsta?" Noelle asked. She then got up from her position, with Asta following suit.

"Tch. You're lucky I love you." Asta mumbled but it didn't go unheard by Noelle. "What was that?"

"Nothing, my love."

How did these two get to this point? For us to understand this, let's turn the clock back to seven years in the past.

Chapter 1: Aftermath

Seven years prior

Clover kingdom - a day after the final battle with Zagred

"Over here."

"Help, we need assistance here."

"Call for more magic knights."

Shouts could be heard across the royal capital of the Clover kingdom. The entire city was in a mess, resulting from the attack by the Elves.

Magic knights, from different squads, were running around the city, assisting the civilians in any way they could. The destruction caused to the city, and the kingdom in general, was massive and would take a while to fix.

Among the magic knights providing assistance were the black bulls. The worst squad in the entire kingdom proved themselves the most in the fight. While all squads were almost incapacitated, the said squad was the only one that fought the most during the attack.

The top two members who proved themselves the most were the water mage, Noelle Silva, and the anti-magic knight, Asta. 

And now we see the anti-magic knight, Asta was standing in front of a child and Captain Yami Sukehiro in the wizard king's office.

~*~

"You worked very hard. The battle has ended, and now we can live happily ever after. Or so I'd like to say, but currently we have two problems." The child started.

"Captain Yami. This ki.... Don't tell me he's....." Asta said in a surprised manner.

"The first problem The wizard king is gone." The child said as he continued.

"He's standing right here. That's you, remember?" Captain Yami said while holding his cigarette. "What?!" Was Asta's initial reaction of shock.

"Most of my magic is gone. This is what is left of my grimoire, which means I won't be able to fight anymore, and my influence on the nobles who prioritize wealth and power of the kingdom has weakened." The child, now revealed to be the wizard king, said while holding a white glowing paper.

"How did you get so small and how are you still alive, Wizard king?" Asked an overly hyped Asta.

"Mister energy doesn't know how to hold back." Yami thought.

"Well, you see, during one of my many outings, I discovered a magic storage technology left behind by some ancient mages. According to some documents I found in the castle's library, it's called swallowtail.

My time magic and Swallowtail were very compatible. I stored my time and magic into the emblem on my forehead little by little. Time that would let me start over in case something happened to me. 

But I didn't get to start over immediately and I only made it to this age. I guess things don't always go as planned." Julius explained and ended it with a laugh.

"I'm glad to see you alive, sir." Asta said, crying anime tears. "Thank you, I see that you're as lively as ever, Asta. I heard about what you did."

"I did my best, but I still have a long way to go!"

"So, what's the other problem?" asked Yami, still smoking. "The Clover kingdom will be attacked by the surrounding nations." Julius stated.  "The Diamond kingdom and the other ones?"

"There are three kingdoms surrounding the Clover kingdom. 

The aggressive kingdom with a powerful army thanks to their magic scholars and human experiments, Diamond.

The neutral kingdom of mystery that takes advantage of its abundant natural mana to perfect unique types of magic, Heart.

And the winter kingdom that is also mysterious and has demons created by ancient evils that lie there, Spade."

"Like Diamond, Spade is trying to expand its territory across the strong magic region that separates us. And the magic knights that protect the borders have been severely weakened."

Asta could only stare in shock, mostly due to the amount of complex information he was receiving.

~*~

Several days later, the capital began to slowly recover from the effects of the long-fought battle with the elves, under the supervision of Captain Fuegoleon Vermillion of the Crimson Lions and Captain Nozel Silva of the Silver Eagles.

As for Asta and the others....

"Come on, eat up! Miz Charmy's food will recover your mana as well!" Asta spoke loudly.

A man approached him almost immediately. "You must be Asta!" He began. "I heard you did great in the battle the other day! I'm honored to meet you!"

"Nah, it wasn't that big a deal. Wait, who are you?"

"How rude of me. I work with the magic parliament." The hooded man said. But Asta wasn't aware of what that was.

"Would you like to testify before us about what happened during the battle? We want to know the truth."

"The truth?"

"That's our duty after all."

"Alright, let's go."

Oh, how wrong of him to have said that.

~*~*~

Next time: Reward for victory

A/N:

So, I created this chapter nine days earlier than I said I would, but oh what the heck. Does,t matter.

It's very obvious that I used some parts of the original anime, with alterations. We're still going to follow it next chapter though, then we leave the series behind.

So, how was it? Drop a comment below!

See ya!