Nevan did the same with Vera.

When they finished, and Ender put the bag in the back, they closed the doors, moving to the front seats. Ender was more awake than Nevan as he got into the driver's seat to take them home.

Nevan sighed, resting his head back in the passenger seat after he buckled himself up.

Ender started driving, finally going home with Nevan and their babies. Nevan squinted his eyes, trying not to fall asleep in the car.

"When we get home, will we have time for a nap?" Nevan asked.

Ender thought about the time before frowning a bit, "Kind of? When we get home, we have to feed the twins, but we can take a nap after that."

Nevan groaned. He loves Emil and Vera, but he misses sleep. And that is saying something when he used to be a workaholic.

"Ah, don't worry. Time will go by fast, and we will return to a somewhat normal sleep schedule." Ender simultaneously reassured himself and Nevan.

Nevan hummed as his head fell to the window, resting on it as he relaxed. But he made sure not to get too comfortable. Because if he slept now, he wouldn't be able to get up later.

The ride home was a quiet one. They did not turn on the radio and just listened to the wind (Ender raised down the window a bit).

Ender thought of things to keep his mind busy, while Nevan pinched his leg when he felt his eyes closing for a second.

They will sleep soon. Nevan and Ender just needed to get home, feed the babies, and then they could nap.

They finally reached the house after a long ride. Ender parked the car, turning it off as they quickly got out of the vehicle.

Instead of taking the babies out of the car seat, they carried the car seats with Emil and Vera inside. Nevan unlocked the door as Ender set the car seat on the living room floor once they entered.

Ender walked back to the car, grabbing the bag before closing the car doors and locking them. When he entered the house, closing the door behind him, he could see Nevan unbuckling the car seats.

Ender took the bag to the kitchen, setting it on the table as he unzipped it and pulled out the formula (specifically made for premature babies) and two bottles.

He washed the bottles, cleaning them. He set them down before he started looking for a clean pan. Ender filled the pan with water, then turned on the stove.

Ender waited until the stove was hot enough before setting the pan on it. He let the water boil for a minute before taking it off to cool and turning the stove off.

Once the water was a good enough temperature, he poured it into both bottles, stopping at a certain point. Then he opened the formula, adding the necessary scoop to both.

He closed the bottles and shook them until they mixed. Then he checked their temperatures by pouring a drop on the inside of his wrist to make sure it is suitable for the twins.

Ender walked into the living room with the bottles as he saw that Nevan laid the babies on blankets on the ground.

It seems that he woke them up because their eyes were opening and closing while their arms and legs were moving.

Nevan softly played with them, tenderly smiling. Even though Ender was beyond tired and in a bit of pain from the c-section, he cannot help the fullness his heart feels.

Ender loves his babies, and he loves Nevan. They are the world to him.

He walked over, sitting next to Nevan as he set the bottles down before touching Vera's stomach. "It's feeding time," Ender told the twins.

Nevan grabbed a bottle, picking up Emil as he held him in a good feeding position. He put the nipple of the bottle towards Emil's lips, who quickly latched on and started sucking.

Nevan tilted the bottle to a certain degree, supporting Emil's head as he watched the baby eat.

Ender did the same with Vera.

Welcome home, Ender and Nevan simultaneously thought as they gazed at their babies.