chapter 16 : contemplating

Darren's pov :

I've been thinking of going back home, one of the regulars Jess is giving birth in like a month and has been struggling.

Sometimes I let her sleepover, just so that she can get rest.

Im going to help till she gets on her feet.

Jess hates handouts and didn't tell me she was homeless until I saw her, laying on a cardboard box in the alley behind our parking space.

I took her in and after a while she told me how she ended up in this situation.

I've made a good amount of money, still putting it in my and Regie's joint savings account.

I know he gets messages/alerts whenever I do so.

I walk back into the flat.

It's now 6pm the Cafe closes 8pm, but my shift is over.

Jess is cleaning the kitchen when I enter, she always cleans or finds something to do.

"so I was thinking, do you want to live here?" I ask her.

"what?" she asks.

"yes, it's about time I go back home and find out the truth, I've paid for atleast 8 months and the water and everything are paid already" I tell her.

"are you sure?" she asks tearing up.

"yes, I'm sure" I tell her.

"thank you so much omg, you're a angel" she says, coming closer towards me and hugging me as well as she can despite both our huge bellies.

"anything for a friend, whatever you need I'm just a phone call away okay" I tell her.

"yea, thank you again" she says.