1- His First Deck

Adrien was forever grateful to the Gorilla. He really did love his bodyguard since he was a lot more parental than the other adults in his life. 

Currently, the child model was browsing through a card shop that he had asked the Gorilla to take him to. Adrien had recently gotten an email that he had been accepted into the Francois Dupont Duel Academy. Though, he was one-hundred percent sure that he was only accepted because he was a famous model for his father's fashion company. He knew that it was the wrong way to get into the school, but he loved dueling.

While he was a model for his father's company, dueling was what Adrien loved the most. His mother had been a really good duelist and she and he had a lot of little duels together when he had been little. He used an extra deck that his mother had since he was too young to really have a deck of his own, but he loved every second of it. But after his mother disappeared six months ago, his father locked up his mother's cards and never let him touch them.

So, that was why he was not at the Garden Family Card Shop. It was one of the most well-known card shops in Paris. It was run by the Garden family, a family of Greek citizens that moved to Paris since they were given a golden opportunity to open a card shop in the city of love. The youngest of the family, twins Lyon and Vallia, were actually both students of the duel academy as well from what he knew.

He browsed the shop to see if there were any cards that he could connect with. His mother had used a deck of fairy cards, but he wanted something he had personally chosen himself.

"You obviously look like you need some help," a male voice with an accent said.

Adrien nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden voice. Turning around, he saw that it was Lyon Garden. He could easily see why he was known as the Ice Prince given that he was dressed entirely in silver, white, and blue. Plus, his bright blue eyes were very cold even with a sense of warmth in them.

"You're Lyon Garden," Adrien was shocked.

"I know," Lyon smirked. "I also can see that you are definitely a newbie to the world of dueling. But, you also have a great love for it."

"You can tell all that about me just like that," Adrien could not help but raise an eyebrow.

"I have always been able to tell who a person is," Lyon says. "It's better to see inside of a person's true heart than it is just seeing good in others. Call me the ultimate realist."

The way he spoke definitely had a level of coldness to it that added to the fact that he was known as the Ice Prince. Not that Adrien could really blame him since having the best card shop in Paris also meant that a lot of wannabe duelists would try and cozy up to the family in order to try and get the best cards out of them.

"I...I used to play with my mother's cards," Adrien tells Lyon. "I loved playing with her, but I never had my own cards."

"You came to the right place, then," Lyon went behind the counter. "We have starter decks, custom decks for those that order them, decks of specific archetypes, and many other things in the shop. We also have duel disks for those that do not already own their own. My older brother, Apollo, also teaches new duelers on the weekends."

"No wonder your shop is so popular," Adrien said.

"We do our best," Lyon smirked. "So, do you have an idea on what special summoning technique you want to focus on?"

Adrien had to think about that. His mother's deck only used special summoning when it came to regular monsters. She did not have any fancy monsters like fusion, synchro, ritual, XYZ, pendulum, gate, or link monsters. Adrien knew about them, but he never got the chance to use any of them. And he really wanted to.