December 9th - First Winter!

🌨.🌨.🌨

Ever since the beginning of December, it has been snowing continuously non-stop. Through the bedroom window, you could see a dark-haired man peep at the winter wonderland displayed outside.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he watched the snow fall gracefully as a cat landing on its hind legs; the sight made Levi spark a memory. He remembered clearly what his first winter was like away from the Underground he once called home. He and Erwin weren't very close and didn't sleep in the same bed nor even were a couple yet....

*⏮ Rewind *

It was Levi's first year away from the Underground and it was about to reach the end of the year. Currently, dawn struck even though there was no sign of bright rays of light to indicate the daytime.

The sleep-deprived commander was still fast asleep in his bed, possibly dreaming about humanity and to "devote your heart" and whatnot. Levi was sleeping in his makeshift bed that was really just a few pillows and blankets on a chair that he used as a bed since the two shared a room and there were no beds left.

Legs feeling numb, Levi had awoken slowly. He looked at Erwin, who was softly sleep talking about the whole Paw Patrol gang, even Ryder, chasing him, thinking he was a pup treat.

"Pathetic." Levi breathed, rolling his eyes.

He felt like getting a bit of fresh air since he was stuck inside for almost a whole week with nothing but paperwork and reports. Also, it was a good idea to go in the morning since there would be no annoying SpongeBob wannabes like Hange around to disturb him.

Sighing deeply, he got up from the chair and proceeded to open the curtains. His stern demeanor soon turned into an actual alarmed expression as if his bulging eyes didn't give it away by now.

"FHDUSIHFHWJWJD WHAT IN THE WALL MARIA IS GOING ON 😨."

Immediately, Erwin shot up from bed after hearing Levi scream, panting heavily. "Phew, it was just a dream. Levi you won't believe what just happened in my...what's wrong with you?" Erwin brought up in a concerned voice. All Levi could do was point. Erwin went up to the window to get a closer look. Finally realizing, he laughed softly.

"WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING? AREN'T YOU CONCERNED?"

"Oh, sorry. I haven't told you about this yet, Levi. This kind of weather is called snow. It happens every winter. " He assured his frightened roommate, rubbing his eyes while yawning. "C'mon, I'll show you. We can get a closer look."

After five mintues of trying to find and put on winter wear, they were finally out the door...well at least one of them.

"C'mon Levi! It's not that bad. Look, you can even taste the snowflakes!" Erwin demonstrated, sticking his tongue out.

Levi put one step out the door, but hesitated on whether to move forward or not. Fortunately, Erwin was aware of this nervousness.

"Hey, it's okay if you're not ready, just take your time."

Suddenly, his anxiousness slowly subsided. The blonde's calming statement gave Levi just enough confidence to finally meet Erwin outside, who was already congratulating him, grabbing a handful of snow and tossing it in the air like it was confetti.

Further curious, Levi went in and reached for the snow. They never had gotten snow at all in the Underground, so he was tempted to see how it felt.

'Weird' He thought. 'It's nice and soft but at the same time crunchy and lumpy.'

"Ack. It's cold." Levi stated, throwing the snowball at Erwin's head.

"HEY! 🤬"

* Fast-Forward *

Looking back on his past stupidity, Levi chuckled, quite amazed about how lucky he was and far he's come in learning about the world and its beautiful features.

Out of nowhere, two familiar firm hands came and wrapped around his waist, a familiar head rested on his back as their eyes fluttered every few seconds.

'Of course...how could I forget the only man who even gave me the opportunity to see the world above....' Levi remembered.

Turning around to tightly hug his lover, Levi buried his head in the crook of Erwin's neck, giving him multiple kisses. He smiled, grateful for Erwin and everything he has done for him, even though Erwin couldn't see it.

The confused man awkwardly hugged back. "Huh...? You're really affectionate today, Levi. Did Cupid strike you with his arrow or something?"

"I guess you could say that...hey, can we go and taste the snowflakes again outside, just like old times?"