Trapped

Long story short- You're a very skilled healer, 16 years old, you already know what the golden guard looks like cause you come around the castle a lot to inspect the emperors curse and because of that you have bumped into goldie a few times. great let's move on.

I was walking through the castle, listening to every step I took on the cold, hard floor.

I was on my way to help the emperor because his curse had gotten a lot worse.

"This place is like a labyrinth" I whispered to myself as I rounded a corner.

I kept walking through the halls until a heard tons of blood-curdling screams.
My eyes widened and I began questioning if I should run for my life or see what's going on.

And of course my dumb ass kept walking towards the screams.
I kept waking cautiously towards the sound until I reached a huge door. And behind that door was were the screams were coming from.

I took a deep breath, 'i'm not a coward'.
I slowly opened the door and peeked inside, and behind the door was something horrid.

It was the ugliest thing I have ever seen. To be honest I almost burst out laughing because it looked so ugly and almost funny.
I stifled my laugh, and that thing heard me.
It threw its head in my direction and began sprinting at me, and ready charge at me any second.
"Oh oh, that's not good." I said before dashing down the halls of the castle.
I kept running down the halls with that thing behind me, and surprise, surprise it was starting to catch up fast.

But suddenly I felt an arm wrap around my waist and dragging me inside somewhere.
"Wha-" I tried but the person that grabbed me immediately put a finger on my lips to hush me.
I began to kind of register where I was.
I was in some kind of tiny supply closet, and the person that saved me was none other than the golden guard himself.

"what was that!?" I whisper shouted at him.
"the emperor." he answered quickly while putting his ear on the door.
"WHAT!" I now shouted, for real.
The golden guard quickly pushed me against the wall with his gloved hand tightly pressed on my mouth.
"you have got to be quiet! do you want to die!"
He said while his magenta eyes were piercing through mine.
But before I could react I heard a loud roar and big footsteps outside.

We both looked at each other with panic in our eyes. And then back at the door.

The monster was now hitting on the door, while me and goldie were literally hugging each other while screaming at the top of our lungs.

But suddenly the hitting stopped. And the only sound that was heard now was me and goldie still screaming.

"Oh, it's fine dude it's gone." I said calmly.
"Oh? Oh, I already knew that." He said while clearing his throat.

And then we both realized we were still hugging each other.

I felt heat rising to my face as we both jumped back. And he was blushing crazy as well.
We both cleared our throats. Goldie grabbed the door nob and slowly opened the door and peaked outside.

"I think it's clear." He whispered to me.
I have him a nod before we both went outside.
We looked around for any suspicion or goo from the monster but we saw nothing.

We both looked at each other and shrugged.
"SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO HELP THE EMPEROR NOT RUN AWAY" I yelled while running in the direction of the throne room.
But I stopped only a second into running.

I turned around and looked at the Golden Guard, "Thank you for saving me, Golden Guard" I said while giving him a little smile.
"Hunter" He said beginning to walk away.
"What?"
He turned around.
"My name's Hunter"
I smiled at him, and I was just about to run to the throne room when he spoke again.
"It's only polite to tell me yours."
Surprised by his words, I slowly turn around.
"Y/n"
He nodded and walked away.