prologue

"i'm late for the meeting!" yeojin yelled as she hurriedly wore her socks. she grabbed her bag, locked her apartment and rushed to school. yes it was a saturday. she was in the drama club. they hold meetings even on the weekends.

-

yeojin ran through the busy streets of seoul with her small legs. since she was small, she passed through crowds of people with no difficulty.

as she was rushing to school, (yes, she goes by foot) yeojin felt her phone buzzing in her pocket. she picked up, not bothering to look at the caller id.

"hey lentil, where are you?" "busy running through the streets, what about you?" hyeju groaned. "i'm trying to keep ms jo calm because SOMEONE'S running late!"

"i'm trying unnie- just a while more please! i'll bring you to the pc room later on!" hyeju paused for a while before continuing.

"well, all i know is she's getting mad at you every second, so you better show up quickly!" yeojin was about to disconnect the call when she heard hyeju talk again.

"by the way, if you wanted to stay on the good side of haseul, i would recommend you to buy some flowers. specifically, yellow tulips." "got it." yeojin pushed her phone back into her pocket and kept an eye out for any flower shops.

as she kept going on, a particular shop caught her eye. the sign read 'choi sunshine florist'. she quickly crossed the road and rushed towards the store.

with the looks of it, the store was just opening up. a girl with her dark hair tied up into a ponytail was setting up the flower buckets at the front.

yeojin walked up to the girl and,"hey.. excuse me?" her breath stopped when she saw the girl's face. such beautiful and delicate features she has never seen before.

how her eyes turn into a cresent when she smiles, her blinding smile- "um.. hello?" yeojin snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the girl calling out to her.

"yeah.. h-hi." OH MY GOD SHE LOOKS PRETTY?? "what do would you like today?" stop attacking me with that smile..

"yeah.. are there yellow tulips available?" "yes they are! would you like a bouquet of those?" she asked again, making yeojin nod.

"alright, let's head inside, and i'll arrange everything for you." yeojin followed the girl inside, her hands filled with yellow tulips.

yeojin just kept staring the girl doing her work. "so, if you don't mind me asking, who are you buying these for?" the girl asks.

"oh? my teacher.." yeojin muttered, making the girl chuckle. "you must be a good student. yellow tulips represent happiness and cheerfulness." she said, not taking her eyes from the flowers.

"oh.." was all that came out from yeojin's mouth as she kept staring at the beauty in front of her. "aaaand we're done!" she held up the bouquet for the shorter girl to see.

"t-that's pretty!" she blurted out, making the girl laugh. "of course it is. flowers make everything pretty." she said, moving to the cash register.

"that would be 18000 won!" she said, clasping her hands together. yeojin just handed her card. it took a while for the payment to be accepted, so yeojin decided to ask something.

"what's your name?" "me?" she asked, making yeojin nod. "i-i'm yerim!" she answered enthusiastically. just as they were about to talk more, the machine printed the receipt.

yerim handed yeojin her bouquet and lead her to the exit. as yeojin was about to step foot outside, she stops and turns back to the girl. "nice to have met you yerim." she smiled.

-

"I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M-" yeojin stopped to take a breath. she shook in fear when she saw haseul walking towards her. "im yeojin, late again i see?"

before the teacher could continue, yeojin flashed the bouquet in front of haseul's eyes. "t-teacher i bought these for you!"

haseul eyed yeojin for a moment.. before accepting them! "how did you know i liked yellow tulips?" haseul asked, taking a sniff.

"just did." "go sit, yeojin. we shall start soon." haseul said, leading yeojin to her seat. a groan was heard from the crowd. "that's no fun, jo. you should punish her!"

"maybe you're the one who should be punished, hyeju. learn how to talk respectfully." hyeju playfully glared at yeojin upon haseul's response, making the shorter girl stick out her tongue.

"alright students, settle down! we're gonna start now!" the theatre became silent upon hearing ms jo's voice. she climbed up to the stage and made sure that everyone was present before continuing.

"okay, students listen up!" yeojin took a seat beside her favorite unnie, chaewon. she looped her arm with chaewon's and leaned against her shoulder.

"is she your girlfriend or is she my girlfriend?" yeojin heard a whine from beside gowon. "mine of course- OW!" she answered, earning a knock on her head.

"girls there! silence please!" haseul pointed at yeojin, chaewon and hyeju. "good, now please pay attention as this is going to be really important."

"as you all might now, we've done quite a lot of plays in seoul until now." she started, making a few nod. "this time it's different. we got nominated for 'london's high-school drama plays ceremony.'"

some of the students started screaming like crazy when they heard the exciting news. "so does this mean we're going to london?" yeojin heard gowon's clueless voice beside her.

"BUT. listen to me. but. the problem is, we don't have the funding to travel to london." haseul continued, making the students groan.

"so.. one of your seniors came up with an idea." haseul pointed at someone from the crowd and a blondie walked up onto the stage.

"JINSOUL UNNIE?!"

the three yelled in unison. "but, she's like, the dumbest person on earth!" yeojin exclaimed, only to get shushed by haseul.

"so, we're gonna do a fund-raising play where we invite potential sponsors. which means, we're gonna have to give our best." jinsoul explained.

"students who agree with the idea, please raise up your hands." chaewon and yeojin raised up their hands along with a few more.

"i don't know man.. sounds kinda fishy. pun intended." hyeju said through her triangle lips. "aw come on hyeju!" chaewon pouted, making the emotionless girl rethink her choice.

"fine.. i'm only doing this for chaewon though." she said, raising her hand. "perfect!" haseul clasped her hands together.

"let's see.." she mumbled. "oh!"

"audition for roles start tomorrow!"

----------------

A/N: Introducing Yeojin's love-o-meter! This meter will be at the end of every chapter. It indicates how much love Yeojin feels for Yerim as the story goes on.

Percentage increased = Yerim and Yeojin bonded over the chapter/closer to confessing goal.

Percentage decreased = Yerim and Yeojin have been away from each other; no bonding/away from confessing goal.

<YEOJIN'S LOVE-O-METER>

100%
90%
80%
70%
60%
50%
40%
30%
20%
10%
0%