eleven

It was the very first day of the week and the beginning of December was right around the corner. Lando asked Xenia if she wanted to come early this week instead of Thursdy because he had to leave for Saudi Arabia. Xenia was sitting in the bus to his house as her phone beeped loudly. Message from a new texter.. Hmm, Xenia thought.

Mr. Norris
I was thinking..

Me
Yeah?

Mr. Norris
Maybe we can set up the christmas tree

Xenia her green eyes went from Lando his text to lthe outside window as she saw her bus stop. She will see him in a few minutes, she thought. She locked her phone and got up from her seat. She checked out with her card, she feels how the bus stops and she gets out of the bus.

She walks up to Lando his neighbourhood as she watched the sky turning dark. Those winter nights, you get up in the dark and you go to home in the dark. I want to move so badly, Xenia thought in her mind.

She walks a few minutes through Lando his neighbourhood when she finally arrives at the fence of Lando his house. The fence is open, Xenia peaks into the garden and then she looks in the driveway as she sees Lando struggling to get a Christmas tree out of his car trunk.

''Need some help with that?'' Xenia says while nodding to the Christmas tree. Lando let the Christmas tree fall from his hands as he turns around with big eyes.

''Freaking hell.'' Lando says as he pats himself on the chest. ''Yeah, you left your fence open, so here I am.'' She points with her thumb to the fence, Xenia smiles genuine as she walks up to Lando.

''So you up for some Christmas decorations with me?'' Lando sends her a grin. Xenia nods as she gets the top of the Christmas tree in her hands. ''You are a bad texter..''

Xenia looks up from the tree as she looks straight into Lando his blue eyes. His hands around the tribe of the tree. ''Yeah, sorry. I know.'' Xenia shrugs her shoulders as the words left her plump lips. Yeah, she was going to see him in a few minutes so it didn't matter to her if she didn't reply right away. She still is confused from the last time she visited his house, she thought.

Xenia eyes his beige beanie with a bobble on top. "Oh, I brought your beanie with me. I will lay it on your dresser in the hallway, okay?'' Xenia says as they lift the tree together from the trunk and both walk up to the frontdoor. Lando nods, he opens his frontdoor with his key as he helds the tribe in one hand.

''Didn't know you were a power-lifter after all.'' Xenia her lips held a small grin. ''Hard works pays off, they say.'' Lando turns his head to her as he sends her a grin back. ''Oh..'' Xenia let the tree fall from her hands as Lando moves within a second to catch the tree. ''Hmm.. Work harder for the next time, I see.'' Xenia sends Lando a wink.

Lando eyes Xenia and squint his eyes, they both get the Christmas tree up again, Xenia the top and Lando the tribe as they carry it into the house. ''You are such a tease.'' Lando shakes his head as they walk up to the livingroom.

By the wall next to the television there was big pot with a red carpet around it. They set the Christmas tree up in the big pot as Lando moves it with his hands to get it right. Xenia moves to stand a little back from the tree and she watch how Lando struggles to get the tree right.

''More to the left.'' Xenia watched how Lando moves the tree a little bit more to the left.

''Oh no, now more to the right.'' Xenia points to the tree. Lando moves the tree again.

''Oh wait, no more to the middle.'' Lando turns his head and sends her a face with irriation. Xenia sends him a sweet smile. ''Perfect.''

Lando was still sitting on his knees as he watched her with a are-you-serious face. Xenia sends him a thumbs up as she smiles.

''One more time of you being a tease and I will hang you up in my Christmas tree myself.'' Lando gets up from his knees as he brushes his hands clean on his black jeans.

-
writers note:
so how you feel about how the two are bonding together?
strangers to friends now... wait for the future! ;)

do you like how the characters are developing?

you can also see i'm updating a bit along the timeline in real life, i'm so excited for this story!

have a nice last race weekend of 2021! ♡