Part 7

The longer you are in ephehlweni, the more your problems intensify. Literally, your feelings heighten x100. Doubt kicks in, questions like am I doing the right thing why am I here will it work out start to kick in. Finance stress kicks in because as you grow edlozini the more things you need. More mabhayi, more beads, preparation of imvunulo, more material and time to actually start because when you see all those beautifully put together regalia with a half a million beads and feathers and wool attached to them- those are things you are required to put together yourself with your hands. So even the demand for time heightens because in between all the gogo duties that are there, the crafts have to take priority because you are working on a time frame. I was hungry for this thing for this gift, I was really hungry to discover more of myself like that. The x-ray vision was my favourite thing you, how you would see through to peoples intentions. It would get so intense when 5 clients walk in on one morning before 9 am and preparations of helping clients had to begin. You had to be in your chii all the time, connection indeed was important because if you missed that you would lose it all. If you missed connection you wouldn't be able to tell if the headache you are feeling are your own dlozis giving your a slap for waking up late or if it was a client who had a headache problem.

Now I would look in the mirror and really see Dungamanzi on my forehead, it would scare me sooo much that I weighed half what I weighed two months before two months later but I was still excited to be here. We would have 3hour long meditation sessions where we would have to decipher the messages of the gods and the spirit through meditation. It would get so intense that your body would ache for a week after that one meditation exercise. The lessons were getting deeper now, it was the reasons behind why. The build up was more intense than being at school preparing for exams because the exams we were being prepared for were beyond consultations and how to slaughter a chicken or how to master a dance routine, the exams were those of the spirit.