Then he cocks a gun.

I almost pull out mine and shoot him, but the man holding me stops me. He shakes his head discretely, and I frown.

"Not clear," he whispers and I nod. The bullet could go through him and hit her.

"So, my slut," he says, making me clench my jaw in anger, "any last words?" he asks, tauntingly, and steps back.

Her tear-filled eyes look straight into mine, and my heart clenches in sorrow and empathy. "Now," the man whispers to me, I fling out my gun, aiming at Killian.

"I love you, L-" she says, but I shoot before she completes.

Sierra gasps loudly, looking down at her mid-riff.

No.

No, no, no, no.

A shot Killian staggers to the floor, and a dry chuckle escapes him. "I think I won't be able to fuck you now," he says, looking up at Sierra. The blood spreads through his dark grey sweater, starting from the right side of his chest.

I rush toward Sierra, untying her hands.

He shot her.

"Baby, Si..." I murmur, her pale and cold body falling into my arms. I take off my jacket, wrapping her in the fabric, and she smiles deeply. I kneel on the floor, her body still in my arms.

"Liam," she says simply, closing her eyes contently.

"No, don't sleep, babe," I caress her cheek. 

"I want to," she murmurs, bringing her hand up to mine and kissing it. A sob escapes me as Oliver kneels beside me, "Call an ambulance!" he shouts at the men who nod, already on their phones.

"I feel so warm. I'm glad that he didn't kill you," she says incoherently, and my eyes flicker towards Killian, his breaths short as he struggles on the floor, "Fuck you," he says, looking at me, coughing blood.

"He will die, Sierra," I promise. "You won't."

"I love you, Liam," she says, opening her deep, brown eyes, peering right into me. "I will always love you," she says, her voice restrained with pain, raising her hand up to my face, tracing my features. I lean into her, and she kisses me.

"I love you," I murmur and she nods, closing her eyes. "No!" I sob.

"You know it's a flesh wound?" Oliver asks, looking at me. I glare at him. "It's a painful shot, but it didn't hit any organ. The ambulance will get her in time, she won't be in any fatal danger, " he completes, and I almost punch him in the jaw.

"You coul-" I start to berate him.

"Déplacez-vous!" I hear a female voice shout.

"Ambulance is here," one of the men says, and I sigh in relief.

**********

Unfortunately, Killian survived. The ambulance took him, too.

On the other hand, much fortunately, Sierra lives, too. Like Oliver said, it was a flesh wound. She was all stitched up, but a psychiatrist said that she should remain unconscious while we moved her back to New York. And she was. I looked at her peaceful sleeping form in the twelve-hour journey, but I couldn't help but think of when she'll wake up.

I don't know how she'll be.

"But...she was okay, when I talked to her," I argue with the doctor, who sighs deeply.