13

"Y/n can we go to the ocean?" Ghostbur asked the girl who was sat on the couch, reading her all time favorite book.

Y/n was confused at the question, so she shot a look at him.

"Why would you want to go to the ocean?" Y/n asked with a hint of worry in her tone. It's strange because of how much alivebur hated the ocean. Is this a new thing that's different between the two? It couldn't be. Alivebur had promised to never step foot near an ocean ever again, even after he had died and somehow came back as a spirit. Supposedly, some traumatic incident made him think that. He swore to never speak of it to anyone.

"I feel it in my gut." Ghostbur paused to think, "it's instinct, I feel forced to go..I don't understand either." Ghostbur looked down at his shoes for a second, then back at Y/n.

"I guess we can go. I don't understand, but maybe we'll have fun?" Y/n questioned and laughed it off. Maybe it would all be fine and nothing would happen?

They arrived at the final destination after lots of bickering back and forth on which beach to go to. Plus a new add on of Tommy (because they cannot go anywhere without him.) They had come to the conclusion of coming to a new beach and not the one that they had previously been a few weeks ago.

Ghostbur was very excited and felt very happy about the fact that he would touch water for the first time since he was in his alive form. But this worried Y/n. Y/n knew that ghostbur seemed to only remember the happy memories, but alivebur hated water with all his heart and would talk about how awful it is for hours on end. But, Y/n will let it slide and try to relax and have fun. She'll try and push out an answer from ghostbur about his sudden love for the water.

As the three walked towards the ocean, ghostbur felt a force pulling him towards it. But his mind told him no. he stopped in his tracks and swallowed hard. As soon as he did that, y/n stopped with him. Tommy didn't though, he continued on his merry way towards the ocean, not fazed  by the sudden stop of the others.

Even if Tommy wasn't, y/n sure was. This had been something ghostbur had been talking up upon, and now he's flaking out? Part of the girl was worried sick about the sudden mood change, but the other was angry at the fact that she came all this way for them not to do what they came to do. Of course she didn't let her rage take over the situation and instead let the frantic worried side take control.

Ghostbur was also worried. It felt like his feet was dragging him towards the body of water, and it felt like he was being forced. He didn't understand how this went from excitement to uneasiness.

As Tommy splashed in the freezing cold water, asking to get frostbite, (no seriously why did they choose to come during the winter!!) the couple sat at a nearby bench. They discussed what had happened over a cup of tea that they had brought to share in a thermo cup. Y/n shared the same confusion and worriness as Ghostbur, and didn't quite understand how this innocent thing turned into this.

She had one idea though. That one idea including his past self, and her first love.

—————————-

LMAO IM CONFUSED TOO