Chapter 21: Breach

3rd Person POV

Tunnels

Dashing after the train with the others in tow, Phoenix drew Dauntless and let the chained blade fly. Wrapping it around a handle at the top of the train, he retracted the blade, slingshoting himself to the top of the vehicle.

Turning and sheathing Dauntless, he saw Weiss use her Glyphs to help her, Blake, and Oobleck to the top of the train while Ruby used her speed to carry herself and Zwei up to the top, Yang following with her shotgun gauntlets.

At the Front of the Train

"Boss!" A White Fang soldier called, opening the door. "They made it on the train."

Roman sighed. "Then grab some cargo and get them off the train."

As the soldier nodded and ducked away, Roman sighed before turning back to the controls. "Man! Animals, every one of them." He glanced over at the soldier next to him. "Not you, though; you're... you're great."

Back with Phoenix

"Hurry, children!" Oobleck shouted over the noise of the train's movement. "We must get to the front and stop this train!"

"Uhh... Professor?" Weiss asked.

"Doctor."

"What's that?" Opening a panel, she pointed at something lodged in the top of the train.

Bending down, Phoenix's eyes widened.

"That, my dear, appears to be a bomb," Oobleck said, confirming Phoenix's suspicions.

"Gee, ya think?" Phoenix muttered.

"We've got baddies!" Ruby warned.

Looking up, Phoenix saw dozens of White Fang climbing to the top of the train car several cars down.

"Well, I didn't expect them to go..." Oobleck trailed off as the bomb lit up and started beeping. "...easy on us."

"Move it!" Phoenix shouted, and everyone darted for the next train car.

"Blake, detach the caboose!" Oobleck shouted as they dashed toward the next car. "It will kill us all!"

"On it!" As everyone jumped to the next train car, Blake swung down and raised her sword to strike, only for the car to unlatch itself. "Huh?" Turning, she shouted up, "It decoupled itself!"

"What?" Oobleck asked, leaning over the edge to look at her.

"I guess he really doesn't want us on this train," Yang commented.

Phoenix's eyes narrowed before widening. "Schist!"

"What is it?" Weiss asked, turning to him.

"Oobleck, you said that there were multiple subterranean tunnels with Grimm, right?" Phoenix asked, whirling to face the doctor.

"Yes, why?"

Phoenix pointed, and everyone looked as the car behind them exploded, shattering a portion of the tunnel.

"Uh, guys?" Everyone looked over to where Yang had lifted up another panel.

"Another bomb?" Blake exclaimed in shock as she swung up.

"No, no, no..." Oobleck muttered as he dashed to the next train car. "They all have bombs!" he shouted.