Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon

3rd Person POV

Beacon

Eventually, the ship docked, and Phoenix, Ruby, and Yang walked out, passing the blond boy from before who was busy hurling his guts out in a garbage can.

"Whoa...." Yang and Ruby trailed off.

Phoenix had to agree with their statement as the three of them faced a large castle-like structure. It had a sort of fantasy look to it mixed with modern architecture. 

Yang whistled

Yang whistled. "The view from Vale's got nothing on this!"

"Ooh, Ooh, Sis!" Ruby said excitedly. "That kid has a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!"

Phoenix raised an eyebrow and turned to Yang. "Is she always like this?"

"She's kind of a weapons freak," Yang explained.

"Kinda?" Phoenix muttered as Yang dragged Ruby by the back of her hood.

"Easy there, little sister," Yang admonished. "They're just weapons."

"Just weapons?!" Ruby exclaimed. "They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! They're so cool!"

"Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon?" Yang asked, Phoenix nodding in agreement. "Aren't you happy with it?"

"Of course, I'm happy with Crescent Rose," Ruby protested, unfolding her scythe. "I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people. But better."

Phoenix raised an eyebrow at this but decided to remain quiet.

"Ruby, come on," Yang said, tugging her sister's hood over her eyes. "Why don't you go try and make some friends of your own?"

"But why would I need friends when I have you and Phoenix?" Ruby asked.

"Well...." Yang trailed off as a group of people materialized around her. "Actually, my friends are here now gotta go catch up 'kay, c'ya bye!"And with that, she disappeared.

"Wait, where are you going?!" Ruby exclaimed, but Yang was already gone.

Phoenix shook his head and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, you'll be fine," he assured her. Just then, he spotted a girl with red hair and green eyes.

 Just then, he spotted a girl with red hair and green eyes