Chapter 18 | A Beginning to a Fall

AN : Hey guys, how have you been?

I tried to write this chapter very close to the previous one so I could release them not too far apart lol, kinda fell through.

Anyways, what did you guys think of the last chapter? Let me know what you thought!

More importantly, let's get on with this slow burn shall we?

As always, enjoy! :)

———————————————————————-

TW : Bad Language, Gore and Violent Depictions and Sexual Themes

Song : Giants ~ Silverberg

"Banners fly, let them know
Who you are, bare your soul
There's a fire that you can't hide."

Chapter 18 | A Beginning to a Fall

Azriel

"They want to what?"

Cass' voice rung out loud enough that Azriel closed the door just fast enough to miss Ember, Mor and Feyre's faces disappear behind it as they stood in the kitchen eyeing the office.

"Jesus Cass."

He looked to the shadow singer who held his own frown of annoyance with a look of shock.

"What? They ought to know what-"

"They ought to know the truth. One in which we don't even know yet because you interrupted Rhys before he could even finish his sentence." He hissed.

If the camps were worried about something it didn't bode well for them.

For him.

And even the slightest mention of a war would set them all in an array of distress. With Feyre being pregnant and Ember-

She's not ready.

Not that it was his jurisdiction, but he gathered he would have a large impact on a decision by now with what would possibly happen with her.

Apart of him knew it would not be his decision though.

It would be hers.

Her and her stupid stubbornness.

Fucks sake.

It's Rhys that wants to keep her safe and he knew that he would be expected to do so.

Rhys hung his head in response as he shoved his hands into his pockets, leaning against Cass' desk whom stood annoyed and maybe even fearful within his furrowed brows.

Azriel wasn't, but he'd be lying if he said not a part of him was at least curious.

It's probably nothing.