Chapter 17 | Your Dark Spark

AN : Hey guys!

So sorry I haven't updated recently, it's been manic recently with the holidays, new year and then exams I haven't had chance to write at all :(

I'll have much more time now, I'm recovering from an injury so that's fun 😃

But I hope you all had a fab Christmas and New Year, and can't wait to continue this story :)

Love you all and as always, hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

———————————————————————-

TW : Depictions of Gore, Violence, Sexual Terms and Bad Language

Song : Monsters (Acoustic) ~ Ruelle

"One misstep, you're mine
And you better stay clever if you wanna survive
Once you cross the line
You'll be wishing you would listen
When you meet your demise"

-

"We are Monsters"

Chapter 17 | Your Dark Spark

Ember

She had to shake the ever pressing feeling of likeness to him - and it was growing a harder difficulty every day.

They didn't utter a word on the way back from Rita's that night, for it held more awkwardness than any encounter between them before.

Why the fuck did he do that?

I had it under control.

But her shadows seemed to offer a different thought, for as they walked up those god awful steps with the tedious rising sun, she realised they did not gravitate towards the House itself, but more so the looming Spymaster before her.

And he had said my name.

One of life's simplistic notions - a name.

Offers that small identity within one word.

And yet, when he said it, she knew it were not the cold of the other Fae's hands up her skirt but the way it rolled off his tongue with such ease sent the chill up her lean arms.

And it terrified her even more to think of whatever the impossible meant..

He needn't say for her to meet him again within the next few hours for the torturous training he would inflict.

Her only surprise was the fact that she seemed almost excited for it.

Not for him.

The training.

Training that she had noticed her shadows seemed calmer now - not weak, no. Healing.